Sunday, December 31, 2006

Satan Attacks on Saturdays

Saturday nights more specifically. Seriously. If the kids are going to get sick or have an extremely rough night, or if one of us adults are not going to feel good, it's going to happen during Saturday night so that we cannot go to church on Sunday. In fact, I've become so aware of it lately, that I've started praying out loud that all evil will leave our house before we go to bed Saturday night. However... sure enough. AJ has this cold that's not terrible, but bad enough for us to have a rough night and to not think he should go in the nursery today. And I got a painful plugged milk duct last night that I've been trying to relieve all day. So, we missed another Sunday of church. Then he attacked again, by putting me in crummy mood. I was actually pretty bummed this morning about missing church. I mean as a stay at home mom... I don't go out and see other adults all that much. So church, even though it really is wonderful in and of itself, is more than just church. It's a chance to wear makeup, to talk to other grown-ups, to get out of the house, etc... Plus, I just feel out of the loop with the ongoings of church. Se la vi.

I did however, head out a bit on my own today. Got a coffee, hit Micheals for after Christmas sales, and did some grocery shopping at Aldis & Meijer.

Tonight, New Year's Eve, we are not doing anything other than staying in. And my extremely social hubby is going insane. The travisty of staying home on New Year's Eve is a bit more than he can take. But all of our friends are out of town or have sick kids. Plus, we have our own health issues that we shouldn't be speading to others. It's pathetic, but I may not even make it until midnight. 'Tis the season of life. We did try to have a least a decent dinner. We had a nice roast dinner, then yesterday I made an ice cream roll-up cake with homemade hot fudge icing for dessert tonight. (It actually sounds better than it was - but it was my first attempt). When the kids are older, we'll have to party hard to make up for these sub par celebrations.

Be careful tonight and have a great New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...