Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry belated Christmas

I hope you all had a truly wonderful day. We did. We actually had a pretty nice entire weekend. We went to Ohio to see my parents and have several Christmas(es) with different sides of the family. I feel like I could write a novel about everything that we did and how the boys did, etc... but I am tired after getting home late last night and “undigging” today so I will make this brief. The boys did incredible - especially considering that schedules were thrown out of whack. There were two days in a row that AJ (yes, the baby) only got one nap each day. And he was an angel. They both struggled a bit at night - but nothing I can complain too much about. Of course, they could wake up Grandma and Papa early in the morning and let us sleep a bit. Both boys got many wonderful gifts. So far the favorites seem to be (Andrew) a roll up racetrack for Matchbox cars and (AJ) a super soft Build-A-Bear.

As you could see in the video below, Andrew is aware of this Santa character this year. So we were expecting Santa to play a bigger role in Andrew's Christmas than he did. We did lay out cookies and milk the night before, but in the morning, Andrew kind of forgot all about Santa.

Get this - I actually dreamt the night before Christmas that some faceless authority figure was scolding me for 'pushing' Santa on a two year old when Christmas is really all about Jesus' birthday. I even woke up feeling guilty. I am not anti-Santa, but it definitely made me think. However, before opening gifts, we did stick a candle in a cookie and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus after reading the Christmas Story (Luke chapter 2).

We really did have a nice Christmas – I hope you did to. I will work on posting pictures soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...