Thursday, March 20, 2008

A few God Stops

1. On Monday, Marc had to travel to the other side of the state. And while there, the car wouldn't start. We just put more money into the car than I care to recall, but stranded 2.5 hours from home, he called AAA. Meanwhile, Marc called his "car man" and he guessed it probably was an expensive fix (fuel pump - since the car was swimming a in puddle of gas). AAA sent a tow truck and recommended the big name car shop. It would probably take a full day to fix, Marc would have to rent a car to come home and head back on Tuesday to pick up the car again.

The tow truck driver showed up and told Marc that in no way should he go where AAA suggested, but he had a place for him. Marc agreed and was taken to a mom/pop type place that wasn't busy at all. They got Marc right in, it ended up being a broken clip, cost $30, and he was on his way home in an hour. Praise God.

2. We are leading the college/career Bible Study in our home on Wednesday nights. As of 4pm yesterday, due to many issues, we still had nothing planned for our Bible Study at 7pm that night. We were sweating it a bit. Marc called his brother and right away he suggested this short video study (out of the thousands of things he could have suggested). And we happened to own that video, but hadn't watched it in years and would have never even thought about it on our own. Then Marc called his dad and his dad happened to have a corresponding Bible Study to go along with it that he could e-mail us. So, literally, Marc and I are reviewing and pulling things together even as people are showing up at our home last night. Even though God waited until the 11th hour to reveal to us what he wanted up to study, I believe he had it planned all along.

God is good and faithful. Continue to pray for us and this Wednesday night group. Marc and I love it and are really enjoying the group, but it is truly stretching us. We feel unqualified and inadequate and now we are struggling to come up with what to study (we thought the church was going to provide a weekly study to correspond with the sermon, but we were mistaken).

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
II Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...