Thursday, June 10, 2010

Things I love Thursday: Rocket Freezer Pop Molds


While shopping at Art of the Table earlier this year, I found these Tovolo Blue Rocket Pop Molds.  I bought them and tucked them away for a special occasion.
Last week we celebrated the fact that it was Thursday and I pulled them out to surprise the boys.  They watched me chop up fresh pineapple (will hardly touch the stuff), fresh strawberries (too seedy for them to eat), a banana (Andrew despises) and threw it all into the blender. 

The set came with a stand that holds the rocket molds upright really securely. And because of the unique shape, these puppies freeze fast.  Like 2-3 hours fast…which is a huge plus when you have two boys asking you literally every 4 minutes, “Are they ready yet”?

They have clever handles that help catch the drips, although they are still no match for my four year old’s mess making abilities.

Plus, a couple nights ago, I was enjoying a fruit popsicle when one the boys woke up needing me (scary dream). I was able to place my pop back into it’s sleeve, shove in the freezer, then pick back up where I left off once appropriate hugs and drinks of water were doled out. Did I mention they are dishwasher safe (top rack, I guess) and BPA free?


Once frozen, you can easily pop these out of the stand and shove them wherever you have freezer space since they are self contained.  You can also mix and match the flavors too.  We did three chocolate pudding pops and three OJ pops at the same time.  And because I know what I put into them, last Saturday I let the boys each have a popsicle made of OJ for breakfast and then turned around and let them eat another one made of Strawberries, Pineapple and Banana.  (Something I would never be able to get them to eat.) Yes, they ate two popsicles for breakfast.
And that made me the coolest mom ever.

For more Things to Love check out The Diaper Diaries.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...