Tuesday, May 24, 2005

And we're off...

Hello from a couch in Des Moines, IA. Little man is taking an early nap since he got up and SIX O'CLOCK again (darn time zone change) and Grandma and Grandpa are off to work. So I am enjoying checking my e-mail and blogs and boards and everything else I've missed since I left for Mackinaw Island (what seems like now) forever ago.

Ok, this blog may not be too exciting, but I'll try to recap what's been going on that past days.

Wednesday, my mom came up and watched Andrew just shortly before my friend, Jen, came and picked me up and we headed to Jill's in Traverse City (Kingsley) and spend the night.

Thursday morning, we got up and out early-squirrally and headed to the Island. The weather was cool and was just lounged around the hotel and our room, but it was really nice. I had a lot of fun. Of course, we got to get all dressed up that night for a super nice 5 course meal. Fancy!! We then headed down to a little pub in town that had a DJ and did a little dancing. We weren't impressed with the DJ, but it was still fun.

Friday was beautiful and we spent some time outside on their awesome grounds. We stayed on the Island until after lunch (another fabulous multicourse meal only hours after a fabulous multicourse breakfast). Then we ferried back to the mainland. The trip back was long...we were pretty tired and I think kinda antsy to get home. I knew I had a long trip ahead of me once I got home, so really wanted the drive to go fast. I got in around 8:45pm and got to see my little boy whom I missed!! He was all in his PJ's looking so cute. I'm guessing he got a good dose of spoiling while I was gone, so therefore was very happy. We packed up, ate, etc... and finally hit the road again around 10:30 pm for MN. AUGH! What were we thinking?

Saturday - We made it as far as 6:00 am (EST) before we just had to pull over the sleep. Thankfully Andrew did wonderfully in the car, as we were wiped out. About an hour later, we hit the road again and got in to Kristin and Josh's around 9:00 am. Of course, Little man is now up for the day. But thankfully, he takes an early nap, so we all slept then until noon. We got ourselved ready and headed over to Kelly & Eric's. It was kinda crazy there since both sides of Kelly's family was there. And they were getting ready for Holland's dance recital (which I heard she did GREAT in), so we took off once Andrew was ready for nap #2. We hung out at Kristin and Josh's that night and watch Napolean Dynamite (not sure why all the hype).

Sunday, we got up and went to church where both Eric and Kelly taught a GREAT lesson on women. They really did a good job. We went back to their place and got the guys ready to leave on their fishing trip and lunch made and little ones down for a nap. Later in the evening, after we got Marc sent off, Andrew and I went and watched Kristin & Josh play softball. We had hamburgers and fries for dinner and watched Meet the Fockers after Andrew went to bed.

Monday, Andrew got up again at SIX! So we packed up and then hung out until after he took a little morning nap (very short). We then headed to IKEA (VERY COOL) and the Mall of America until about three. We just walked and looked at things, and checked out Camp Snoopy and ate lunch and had DQ and pretty much had a fun day there. We left and headed to Sheffield (Andrew fell asleep before we even got out of the parking garage and slept the whole way) to see Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Boehlje. We had a nice dinner and visit with them before heading furthur down to Des Moines. We finally got in last night around 8:30. And it was good to be here. Quiet, relaxing, peaceful.

So, this morning, I'm not doing much. I plan on watching the season finale of the Apprentice sometime today. Since I was gone last Thurs., I had mom tape it. I can't beleive I am IN the city of one of the final contestants and haven't heard who won yet. I thought for sure I was know by now.

Ok, not sure when I'll update again...so for now...take care.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...