Wednesday, May 18, 2005

You're SAFE!

I really have a lot to do today, but I've been busy all morning and Andrew is down for his first nap, so I officially took a time out with a cup of coffee for a few minutes. I think I have almost everything packed for both Mackinaw Island and MN, save the few things that we are still using or will be using. I still need to get the house together, but it is coming along. Mostly vacuuming and me knowing that it will not be perfect (or anywhere near) when I leave and that's....ok.

Well, I had an interview yesterday to be part time copy girl. Yes, you read that right. It went fine and we'll see how it goes. I won't be heart broken if it doesn't work out but probably won't turn it down either. It will depend on the pay and what childcare we can find. Keep that whole situation in your prayers, please.

Well, Andrew has learned 'please' and is learning 'thank you'. 'Please' is supposed to be a small circle over the chest with one hand....his is a full tummy rub with both hands. It's cute. 'Thank you' is still in progress, but he's catching on. He also learned to 'jump' Andrew style. And it's laugh-out-loud funny. He goes through all the motions of jumping...squatting, arms swinging , jerking up....but he doesn't leave the ground. Just goes on tippy toes. But he doesn't just do it once at a time. He does over and over until it looks like he convulsing....but he's laughing the whole time. Then he runs and 'jumps' and it's hilearous! Often this results in a fall comparable to a baseball player sliding home.

Well, I leave tonight and will be away from my boy for the longest time ever... two days and two nights. I've never been gone from him overnight before. I will miss him and actually rocked him a bit last night because I knew I'd be gone the next two night. Those mom's out there who have been there/done that are probably snorting at me... but oh well. I will miss him. But he'll be in good hands with Daddy and Grandma. In fact, he'll probably get so spoiled, he won't even mind that I am gone. I guess that would be a good thing. Since I won't be around tonight,

(sung to "Goodnight My Someone" from the Music Man)
"Goodnight my Andrew, goodnight to you
Goodnight my Andrew, sleep the night through
I wish I may and I wish I might,
Goodnight my Andrew, Goodnight."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...