Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I dream of Andrew

AUGH, I am sitting in front of the weather channel this morning, and it's calling for rain until Sunday. It's Wednesday! That's like 5 days of rain. Good thing it got a lot of laundry done and hung to dry yesterday. It's raining already. Pbbtthh!

Well, yesterday, we went to a MOPS playgroup. It was really nice and Andrew did really good considering it fell during nap time. I met a couple other moms and am even going over to one mom's house this afternoon for lunch. She has 3 little girls and seems real sweet. She's also a Dykstra. (Although there are a LOT of us around here).

So the plan for today is work on deboning and shredding chicken (I put a whole one in the crockpot overnight), pick up the house, clean out/organize fridge and pantry, make dinner tonight (right now the plan is, enchalata soup, beer bread and corn on the cob), clean bathrooms, dust/vacuum, possibly hit a dollar store. (I'm looking for a slim 1/2 gal pitcher). Well, see how much of this actually gets done. Of course, I also need to do things like shower, get little boy dressed etc... Fortunately, most of these things are not absolutely necessary for me to get done today.

Thank you to all of you who, from this Blog, sent condolences for my Gram. I really appreciate it.
So last night, Marc gets home from basketball really late and I am already in bed nodding off and on. But we get talking when he comes to bed and decides he is going to get Andrew and bring him in bed with us for a little while. Well, Andrew was totally sleeping, but all of a sudden he slaps his own leg and smiles HUGE! So then, Marc and I begin chuckling quietly and Andrew starts kicking his leg and laughing out loud. Totally asleep! It was HILARIOUS! At this point, Marc and I have to cover our mouth we are laughing so hard. Then mean Daddy started lightly tickling him, so he would keep laughing. Poor little man. :) Finally we all went to sleep, and shortly afterward, due to extreme wiggling, Marc took Andrew back to his own bed.

Well, I have to get going, I have a lot to do.

EDITED TO ADD: I forgot that I had put a roast in yesterday, then due to crazy schedules, we just decided to fend for dinner and eat the roast today. No enchalata soup.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...