Monday, May 2, 2005

I'm helpless

I've created a monster and he's out of control.

You see, I read up on the wonders of teaching a baby sign language and how it can greatly help you and your child communicate long before he or she is able to form the correct words, thus making life less frustrating for both the child and parent. Well, I jumped on this bandwagon and started working on basic words with Andrew around 6 months. Words such as "No", "More", "All done", "Drink", "Thank You", etc... Well, he really wasn't all that into it even though I worked and worked and worked on it.

Well, this past week, he has learned the sign for MORE and uses it ALL THE TIME for EVERYTHING!!! I mean EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME! The thing is, is that I am so proud of him and he is so cute when he does it, that I totally give in. I just can't help myself. More peanut butter crackers, mom. More drink, mom. More of this cheerio I found under the couch, mom. More, more, more. For instance, as I write, he is in the high chair scarfing down his third (and last - unless I give in again)peanut butter cracker. Oh no, I didn't even finish that last sentence and he is already "more-ing" me. Must.have.strength. Do.not.give.in.

I must confess, as challanging as this is, I am very proud of my child and as far as other signs go...I want him to learn more.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...