Sunday, May 15, 2005

Great or not

Written Saturday afternoon; typed out Sunday afternoon.

I am sitting here waiting for my next sample. Today I will make $20 by trying 12 different samples of "Electrolyte Solution"...aka Pedialyte. We've tried these before and they were bad. But today, though they wouldn't be my drink of choice, they aren't too terrible. But the questioning is difficult to respond to. We have to answer only one question per sample. "Does this product taste great or not. Yes or No."

C'mon.

That is totally an extreme question. these products have come a LONG way just since we tried them last time..but "great"? Pepsi tastes great, rootbeer floats tastes great, smoothies take great, tall skinny half caf hazelnut lattes taste great. But not these samples. On the other hand, they don't stink, either. I think my son would drink them and that's why I'm here, right? So, I am conflicted.

I hate to burst the manufacturer's bubble by replying "no" to every sample when they really are improving. And I'm not saying I would never buy thier products because I have before and I'm sure I will again.

Oh well, these are just a musings of a bored product tester who has too much time between samples and forgot to bring something to read. Well, six samples down and six to go....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...