Monday, April 3, 2006

If we knew he could type, we would have kept him!

This was posted in my comments section, but for those of you who may not go back and read the comments after the fact, I am posting the comment here as well:
 
OK - that last one was just a test! It's hard typing with paws! I wanted to make sure it would work right before I typed a bunch of stuff that didn't get out there!

AND I was just going to send Marc & Kelli an e-mail, but when I saw how much everyone cared, I thought I would send this to the group!!!

Marc & Kelli, you won't believe these people! They really need me!!!! They are WEAK! After only 3 hours of ball playing on Saturday, they were all exhausted! And there were 4 of them and only 1 of me!!!! Mindy said her arm was rubber.

O.K., for those of you who don't know - Stephen is my new man. He has this 4 bedroom house with lots of room for me! He lives with a couple of guys. Stephen's girlfriend, Bethany, loves me! She says I'm cool!!! And Stephen's mom & dad - that's Paul & Mindy - well, I thought they were going to fight over me! You see, they thought I would be great for Stephen - which I am (more on that later) - but they love me too! In fact I now have my own room at their house in the country - they have over 5 acres, some of it with woods, and Stephen says we'll be visiting there a lot. They have a big picture window in the living room that's just right for me - I can stand there and look outside and watch the birds and the cats! They didn't let me out to play much. Paul said I needed to be a little more used to my surroundings before they let me go too far.

I have an uncle - Bradley - he lets me sleep in his bed with him when I visit - and an aunt - Caitlin - she loves me too and gives me treats. Caitlin is sneaky though. I think I must have been too hard on her the first day - after playing for about 1/2 hour, she threw the ball really hard so it went in the other room and when I brought it back, she was gone! But I found her - she was hiding in her room! That was o.k. though - she played with me and she rubbed my belly. She's my friend.

Back to Stephen - I'm his new best friend. We went everywhere together on Sunday! He was going to build this cage thing on the back of his truck for me - he has one of those small Ranger things and it's crowded with him and Beth in there - but Beth decided it would be just fine for me to ride up front with them! Stephen was a little bad though - he didn't go to church on Sunday - but we had fun!

Sunday was Paul's birthday so we went over there Sunday evening. I got to see Grandma & Grandpa Huffer! They played with me in my room. I had fun. Mindy was sad that I couldn't come out, but there were a lot of people there so I understood - when she told me to go to my room, I was a very good boy. Then Stephen came to take me home - I was so excited!!!!

Well - I will keep in touch. I think we're going to Paul & Mindy's again tonight.

OH - I learned a new trick - I think - they didn't think I knew this one anyway - I say 'Please' like all good-mannered boys should! Marc & Kelli, I'll come and show you next time you visit Grandma & Grandpa if you want! And Paul is working on showing me how to flop over the direction his hand is going for optimal belly-rubbing positioning.

I love you guys and I miss you!

The Rockster

3 comments:

Jen & Gary said...

Kell-that is so sweet!

Kelli said...

I am so glad that you decided to write, Rocky. You helped confirm that we made the right decision. I am so glad you are doing well. Keep in touch!

-Kelli

Jill Corwin said...

Kelli and Marc--You made a very tuff decision. And a very loving one for Rocky. It sounds like a great deal for all of you and Rocky is having a great time in OH.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...