Friday, April 21, 2006

Today is the day.

Yes, I am officially due today. Today is my due date. Man, am I SO thankful I didn't make it this long. So hard to believe he's been here for over 2 weeks now.

We had a nice day yesterday. After AJ's appointment and picking Andrew up from daycare, we came home and took nice naps. Then we got our afternoon snack at CONE CITY, which means that spring is officially here! We took our ice cream and went to the airport observation area. It's a nice area off to the side of the runways where you can park. They have a grassy area to play and picnic tables, so you can just hang out and watch the airplanes come and go. Andrew did really well considering the last couple times we went the noise of the large planes scared him a bit. (They do get really really loud!). Of course, AJ slept through the whole thing.

Speaking of AJ, get this. Last night he fell asleep at 10:15pm. And slept in HIS bed until 2:30! I kept getting up to check on him to make sure he was still breathing! Then at 2:30, he started making little noises. I'm not sure if he would have even woke up then but I needed to feed him badly so I woke him up. Other than waking a few minutes (yes, mere minutes) to nurse every couple hours the rest of the night, he slept until about 8:00. It's now 9:45 and he's been sleeping again for a good half hour. Thank you Jesus for this good sleeper!

Not much is planned for today. Just some odds and ends around the house. If the weather stays nice (and it looks like it should), I think we are going to head to the park (a really cool park) this afternoon. Andrew can wear mom out and I can sit and watch with AJ. Sounds like a plan to me.

I hope you have a great weekend. Pray for us this weekend as we attempt to do this parenting thing all by ourselves as my mom leaves tomorrow. Also, pray for her, as she will likely suffer grandchild withdrawal.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...