Sunday, April 30, 2006

We made them earn those hotdogs!

Grandma and Grandpa Dykstra drove all the way from Iowa and got to meet little AJ this weekend for the first time. And for that privilege we put them to work. I’m not kidding. Marc and Dad had a few minor projects they wanted to work on this weekend. They were let loose in Home Depot and Lowe’s and a few projects turned literally into an Extreme Lawn Makeover. They worked so hard, but our yard looks amazing! They chopped a tree, planted a tree, planted a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of perennials, separated and distributed hostas, laid bricks, dirt, and mulch, and much more that I probably don’t even know about. We also put mom to work sanding and painting our front door and cleaning up our back deck. I did move some rocks for about 15 minutes…. that is until one of my children beckoned…then it was back inside for me. Fortunately, gardening/landscaping is something dad loves to do, because he and Marc really worked hard all day. But I am so impressed with all the work…it looks amazing. But wait, there’s more. This morning, Dad and Marc built a bench style toy box for Andrew.

I really really wish I had my camera, or I would have done some before and after pictures.

So, Mom, Dad, Marc…thank you, thank you, thank you!

Speaking of my camera, I should be getting it back from being serviced some time around the 7th of May…or so they say. I am just so bummed that I don’t have it…especially with a new baby. It’s killing me!!

Oh, and Grandma and Grandpa even let Andrew boss them around his train table when he told them to, "play choo-choo".

And, since our Saturday’s menu consisted of grilled hotdogs (for Coney dogs) for lunch and grilled hamburgers for dinner, and because Marc was so busy with dad… I grilled for my first time. I went from not even knowing how to turn the grill on, to making two meals that were pretty good, I think. However, I have no intention of taking the grilling reins from Marc. As far as I am concerned, Marc is still the grill master of this house. (Fewer meals I need to cook).

We don’t have too much planned for this weekend. Our good friends are in the hospital working on having their twins, so we will probably visit them sometime this week. And there are a few more things that need to be finished outside yet and of course the usual… daycare, upkeep of the homestead, and maintenance of the boys. And all that will keep us busy enough. Have a great week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...