Tuesday, April 1, 2008

On a whim with peanut butter sandwiches.

It was another dreary day and the kids were stir crazy. Fortunately, they are at an age where, while they do better on their regular schedule, they can manage when you muck it up a bit. Around 11:45am, we headed out the door, on a whim, with peanut butter sandwiches and went to the Meijer Gardens to see the butterfly exhibit.



We went ahead and bought a membership while there (something we had been wanting to do anyway). So we took our time, ate our sandwiches, mosied along, and finally got to the butterflies. AJ loved them and talked to them (loudly) the entire time. He even told the butterfly to say, "Cheese" when I went to take its picture.
Andrew was okay with it all. I had told him before we went to watch his step so he wouldn't squish one and I think he was more concerned with where we put his feet than seeing the butterflies. I really enjoyed myself.



Of course, with the weather being what it was, we didn't really get outside much to the 'good parts' of the Gardens. But that's okay. We can go back every week if we want (and I think we want to). It was a nice break to the day and I felt we weren't 'out' by only being there a few hours. Now, I have a lot to do to make up for our impromptu trip out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a great spur of the moment thing to do! I think we are getting a membership too, it's so fun in the summer. I don't like the butterflies, so I'll wait until that exhibit is gone for this year though :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...