Friday, January 28, 2005

I think it's the haircut...

My son keeps feeding my dog!! We are sitting here having breakfast and Andrew is driving me crazy by either standing in his high chair repeatedly or by grabbing handfuls of baked oatmeal and holding it out for Rocky to eat. He is a little stinker. I tell ya, I think this haircut has made him ornery. His head shaking has become his full time job. And it's not a little shake either...it's the get-the-whole-shoulders-into-it-until-you-lose-your-balance-and-fall-over. He's also finding out what fun it can be to "run" (I use that term loosely) from Mom and Dad when we come get him. If he's climbing the stairs (Man, he LOVES climbing stairs) for example and he sees that we are coming to get him....he just starts laughing hysterically and tries to climb faster. It has to be the haircut....I mean, not all little boys are silly like this, are they? ;)

But he is tons of fun. He is walking everywhere...it's his main form of mobility. He really only crawls when he really wants to get somewhere fast (like 'running' from us), or to get somewhere where he can pull himself up to a stand. I also think he has learned the what "more" means. He gets very excited every time I say and do the sign. He has yet to do the sign himself (well, one time he did, but I think it might have been a fluke 'cause he hasn't done it since). I think he is understanding quite a bit...for instance, I asked him to bring me something the other day and he did. He didn't let go of the object, but he did bring it to me. He also knows, "Uh Oh". Doesn't really use it correctly...but knows how to say it. He amazes me everyday with stuff he figures out. (although we are still working on using a straw properly).

So anyway, I didn't do much of anything yesterday, other than some general pickup of the house. I was lazy. I felt like the day before was so crazy, that I kinda took yesterday off. And I got a phone call from my best friend from HS! I hadn't really talked to her much since HS which is sad. It was really nice to catch up and come to find out they only live an hour away from us now. We had Kari and Andy come over in the evening & we just hung out...the guys watched basketball and us girls watched the Apprentice (they didn't make Danny out to be the fiasco he was the week before) and ER. I am getting old...ER is on too late at night. I might have to start taping it and watching it the next day. :)

Today, since we took yesterday off per se, we have a lot to do...laundry, cleaning, etc... I don't think much is going on tonight, so that is nice. Tomorrow we are heading to the Cornerstone game with the Uelands and Dresslers (at least Kari)...Probably be the oldest crowd there other than the players parents. :) We probably hit one game year and that's plenty for me.

So, that's all for now, I should probably get busy and take advantage of little man happily playing by himself. (Mom, I will REALLY work on getting a few pics posted today...it's on my to do list!).

PS: if you know my mom...it's her birthday tomorrow. Feel free to leave her a birthday msg in this comment section and I'll make sure she gets it (if you are not a "blogspot" blogger, make sure you leave you're name after the msg, too).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDDAY Jean! I hope that you have a great day and get to do someting to spoil yourself. Have fun! Jill Corwin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...