Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Pizza....Mmmmmm

Well, plans have changed. And we are disappointed about it. Marc was supposed to head to NY on Monday for his new job. He was really looking forward to and was really excited to get started. And as much as we would miss him, Andrew and I were going to head to OH to spend time with my folks. Well, he heard from his boss today and he will not be heading to NY until the 16th of Feb. So he was bummed, and I was a little bummed and of course, my folks were bummed. We still get to do it all, just a couple weeks later. The good news is, is that he still starts work this Monday and now he won't have to spend Super Bowl Sunday alone in some hotel room.

Let's see, I wrote last Saturday. Sunday we didn't do too much, just church in the morning. We really struggled to get there in the morning, but pushed ourselves and made it. Then we just hung out the rest of the day.

Monday - we had our handyman friend over and got our sump pump pipes fixed. Which is good, since we found out our neighbor had 3 inches in his basement. We had to get it done before the thaw. We just worked around the house mostly that day and squeezed in a trip to Sam's. Then we had some friends over for dinner. We made homemade pizza. They have a little boy who's almost two. He is so much fun. Fun to see what Andrew will be doing here shortly.

Tuesday flew by. We decided to run some errands after Andrew got up from his first nap. So we went to the mall so Marc could take Andrew to play in the play area, while I went to the Secretary of State and get replacement tags (for the life of us, we can't find the ones we just got). Well, I get there and of course find out I don't have the necessary paper work needed. So I find Marc and Andrew and we head home to get the right paperwork and our Kohl's gift cards from Christmas. We head BACK to the mall and I was able to get replacement tags, then we went to Kohl's, where Marc got a couple new dress shirts and ties for work. Later, we went over to the same's friend's house and got haircuts for the boys. Marc got cleaned up and Andrew got a trim as well. He did NOT like it this time. I felt bad for Beth (our friend cutting his hair). He kept ducking and pushing her hand away from his head. But it's all trimmed up now and he looks adorable. (makes him look a little ornery too). :)

Today I had church in the morning, which is always fun even if it is rough getting out of the door in the morning. Then I came home and put Andrew down for a nap (he had already crashed in the car). I started bread dough in the breadmaker, grabbed a quick lunch and headed out to go grocery shopping. The rest of the afternoon was craziness. We were having the Ueland's and Dressler's over for....none other than....homemade pizza. So I had to make and cook 2 batches of dough. Our breadmaker makes 2 large pizzas at a time. With 6 adults, 1 batch wasn't enough and 2 was MORE than enough. We usually have homemade sauce and toppings in the freezer, so just have to pull them out before we make pizza. Well, we ran out of sauce and bacon on Monday. So I had to make a big batch of sauce today and Marc cooked 4 pounds of bacon. Then I also told Kari I would make her a special birthday dessert, so I had to pull that together, too. All the while, we had to clean our house and get ready ourselves with a little boy (who was a little extra fussy today) underfoot. I was exhausted before our guests even arrived. I am thankful we don't have much going on tomorrow. Anyway, the evening was really nice and we had a good time just sitting around, eating and talking. Like I mentioned, we had TONS of pizza, so we sent some home with our guests, we are freezing a whole pizza, and STILL have a whole bag in our fridge. Guess what we are having for lunch the next couple days. Man, an easy way to fly through a 5lb bag of motzerella cheese in 3 days.

Ok, I am tired and would like to read a bit tonight. I'm on Assassins, now. Night y'all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...