Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I'm dreaming of the late Christmas...

Wow, I jumped on here and realized it's been a full week since I updated last. My, where has the time gone. Let's see what's been going on since I last posted??

Well, we saw Kari and Andy last Wednesday for a little bit in the evening. Then Thursday, Andrew tested some juice and we packed up and headed to IA. We left a little earlier than usual, but it went ok. We didn't hit any major Chicago traffic and Andrew did really well. We arrived in IA around 2 AM.

Friday was pretty lazy just hanging around Mom and Dad Dykstra's house. Eric and Kelly and kids got in later that morning as well, so we all just played and lounged around...oh, and of course, we ate. We waited until Kristin and Josh got down there to have Christmas. But they had there own little issues ranging from a battery that wouldn't start to running over a flyaway mattress on thier way down. Did I mention it was well below 0 degrees? Yikes!

So anything, understandably, they got there late. We gave Andrew a late nap, but but he totally could have been down for the night. We woke him up to have Christmas, which might have been a mistake. He wasn't real happy about it, but eventually got in an ok mood. It was the Christmas of Little People by Fisher Price. He got the zoo earlier, then this weekend, he got the zoo train and Noah's Ark. So Little People are invading our living room. He really likes to play with them. Wel, bang the animals together and such, but play none-the-less. Marc and I also got some wonderful gifts as well....thank you VERY much!!

Saturday, the other Kelly Dykstra's family headed home and we just kinda hung out again. It was really nice. We packed up and headed back out that evening. Again, earlier than normal, but it was nice to be home around 2 am rather than 4 am and Andrew did just fine. Actually, he slept the entire time waking up happy just minutes from home.

However, when we got home we found out our sump pump pipes were frozen. No water in the basement, but still not a good thing. So, we dinked with that for another hour before going to bed (still not fixed). Needless to say, we did not make it to church the next morning, even though we had every intention of going. So we lounged around Sunday, made homemade pizza, picked up a bit and unpacked.

Yesterday, Andrew and I ran errands during the day and worked around the house. I'm in a group who is reading the Bible in a year and had to play catch-up from the weekend. (still not totally caught up). Thing is, without this group, I probably wouldn't have cared that I was behind. Then last night, we used my Chili's gift card from my birthday (thanks again, Mom and Dad Dykstra) with Kari and Andy. I LOVE Chili's!! I've missed it! Then we came back and watched the Bachelorette. Andrew got to stay up WAY past his bedtime, since he seemed so happy and awake and I didn't want to take him up during the show. (Bad Mommy). But on my behalf, he did nap really well yesterday.

So, that being us to today. We have to run a quick errand today when Andrew wakes up from his first nap. Ok, I know this posted is pretty dry...I'll stop now.

Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli! Cole got the little people zoo two years ago and he STILL plays with it! He loves it....and so do I because it is such a sweet toy.....Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...