Saturday, January 22, 2005

Laughing at Daddy in the Snow

Wow - we got some snow out here. Lots and lots of snow. It's very pretty... We woke up to over a foot of snow and it was blowing this morning. Marc was supposed to play raquetteball this morning and they cancelled it. It's after 10 pm now and the plow STILL hasn't come through our road and we don't live out in the boondocks. Marc went out to shovel and our neighbor, bless his soul, let Marc borrow his snowblower. It was SO NICE! Andrew is just tall enough to hold onto the window ledge and peek out. So he watch his dad throw snow all over and just laughed and laughed. It was really cute! Not sure what was so funny, but he was enjoying himself.

Speaking of Andrew...I had to do the baby Hiemliech on him today. And I never want to have to do it again. He was eating baked oatmeal, his usual, for breakfast and he grabbed a large piece and put it in his mouth. It's not uncommon for him to make a gagging sound...It happens frequently even if nothing is in his mouth. But this time...well, I can't really describe the sound, but it was scary and his face turned red and his eyes watered. I grabbed him and yelled "Marc!" and turned him upside down over my thigh and pounded on his back. I stopped every few pounds to listen and eventually his oatmeal came out on the carpet. Augh, I am tearing up just writing about it. But actually, I remained suprisingly calm during the whole thing. Of course afterward, I was definitely saying prayers of thanks. Andrew was fine as could be within minutes and went right back to eating oatmeal. I am not completely convinced that he wouldn't have worked the oatmeal out himself eventually 'cause it really looked like he was trying...but I wasn't going to wait and find out. I am thankful that I didn't have him strapped into his high chair. We haven't been strapping him in for a while now, but have been thinking about starting it again, since he often turns and stands in it or even tries crawling on his tray if we aren't quick to catch him. Anyway, Thank you, Lord, for keeping his safe!!!

So anyway, other than that....the Dressler's came over (today was Kari's birthday) and we watched "Without a Paddle". It was funny...not the best movie ever, but gave us a good chuckle. Then we all headed out to meet the Vanderground's (it is also Jen's birthday) for dinner. We went to One Trick Pony. It was very good. Andrew did ok, not great, not bad. Then we headed back the Vanderground's for a while until it was time for Andrew to go the bed.

Well, we have church tomorrow morning, but I don't think we have much more planned for the weekend. Kinda nice being practically snowed in. :)

Have a great night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...