Wednesday, March 23, 2005

If it's not one thing...

Just a quick update. Andrew's lip is doing just fine. But get this...today, he fell on his train and I saw it happen. Now - I don't generally make it a habit to jump every time he falls, but I did this time. 'Cause I saw it and it didn't look good. Well, I picked him up, but not before he got blood all over the train and on the carpet. Oh, by the way...he is S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G. Blood is pouring out of his mouth. Now, if it weren't for talking to the nurse just a few days ago and her telling me that mouth injuries tend to bleed more, I would have thought he severed an undiscovered mouth artery. Did I mention he's S.C.R.E.A.M.I.N.G! So I grab paper towels and I'm trying to catch the blood faster than it's coming out which I am doing unsucessfully, partly because he would much rather pull his head away from my evil paper towel and bury it in my sweatshirt. Yes, my shirt and sweatshirt are covered in blood. I give up trying to clean him up and still have NO CLUE as to what specifically in his mouth is bleeding and give him his water, which he does take. (The screaming stops momentarily). I am now hunting through both my refridgerator freezer and my basement freezer while holding a screaming, drooling blood kid desperatly trying to find a popsicle or something nice and yummy and cold for him to have to help the hurt and take his mind off the pain. And the Lord answered my prayer with a fudgecicle that had been in the freezer well past it's prime. So I strip Andrew, put him in his high chair, rinse the freezer burn off the fudgecicle and let him go to town. It took him awhile to get into it as he was still very traumatized. But between me being back to wiping and the fudgecicle, the bleeding seemed to stop and the tears slowed a bit. When he was finished (no I did not let him eat the whole thing), he still was none too happy, but not over the top wailing, so I wiped him down to remove exess blood and fudge, (which I am still finding as I clean tonight) wrapped his half naked body in a nice fleece blanket and we cuddled up to Veggie Tales. (This part was actually really really nice for me, since he's not a cuddler). Finally about halfway through the show, he started feeling better and was moving around and talking. I don't think he ever fully recovered since he was extra cranky the rest of the night, but he did get a much needed bath and is in bed now, so hopefully, he'll forget the whole thing tomorrow. (still not sure if it was his cheek, tongue, tooth....)

Well, in other news, not really news, just update since I last posted... Sunday night we had our "Fiesta Night" for church and it was really nice. It was our first social thing with this church and it was nice to meet other people including the Pastor and get to tell him how INCREDIBLE last Sunday was. Monday, I don't think we did much...I really don't remember. Tuesday night, we had friends over for dinner. And tonight, I am planning on watching some more Alias episodes from the library while Marc is playing ball with a buddy. Wow...it's 9:00 already! Ok, I am going to go. Have a nice evening.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...