Thursday, March 3, 2005

Popeye the Headbanger

My child has officially learned how to throw a full blown temper tantrum. Complete with the flinging of the body and the screaming. It's lovely. This is what I have been dealing with (or not dealing with as I am not sure how to properly handle the situation to get him to KNOCK IT OFF!) all day. And the thing is, even if I were to give in to his every whim and demand the VERY SECOND he desires something, I don't think it would help because HE doesn't even KNOW what he wants. I try picking him up - no, I try a movie - no, I try some water - no, I try to ignore him and cringe when he bangs his head against the kitchen floor - no, etc... So, I change him...err...I mean..wrestle him against his wishes, and stick him in his crib and let him cry/scream himself to sleep. Thankfully, this doesn't take too long...or I might be dropping him off at Marc's work and heading for the hills. He seems to be feeling fine. At least fine compared to the past couple days. So any 'Been There Done That' moms out there, who know how to deal with tantrums....PLEASE HELP. Oh, and I got peed on today, too. Did I mention today has been lovely?

Well, a quick updated on what we've been up to. Yesterday, we ran around all morning. We had church in the AM, then product testing at 12:30. So I brought books to read and we went there right after church and Andrew slept in the car. Then we hit Sam's for daytime diapers, cheese and yeast. Then we hit the library quickly. We didn't get home until 2. Andrew went down for a nap and as soon as he was up, Marc and us ran to Toys R Us. We had to buy a baby gift, nightime diapers, and a birthday present for Andrew. (If you click on the link...sshhhhh...don't tell. Ok, he was with us when we bought it) I really shouldn't say bought, since we had a $50 gift card. We got the whole lot for $6. Then we headed to the hospital since a couple of our good friends just had thier baby girl that morning. It was like a little reunion. We saw all kinds of people we knew either on the way in to the hospital, in the room, or on the way out.

Today, as you can probably guess, I haven't got much done due to my little Angel of a boy. But we did make it to another product testing this morning (who knew my son would love creamed spinach), and did get the dishes done and I did get one whole load of laundry done. (No - it's no folded yet). And I needed a break...so here I am. Rehashing my exciting day with y'all. Have a great one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...