Thursday, March 31, 2005

Busy...Busy....dread-ful-ly busy...you've no i-dea what I have to do. Busy, Busy, shock-ing-ly busy...much, much to busy for you.

If you can tell me where my title is from without clicking here...YOU WIN!!

Wow this week has flown by and it's been SO busy!! Monday, I was busy putting things away from the weekend and doing laundry and what-not….but in truth it was probably the least busy day of the week. We did get to take a nice long walk since the sun was out!! Then we went over to Kari and Andy’s for dinner since they got A NEW PUPPY! It’s a Wheaton Terrier & he’s SO cute. His name is Eddie. The Gortmakers stopped by too, so the big boys played basketball since the weather was decent and us girls chatted while playing with the little boys and the puppy.

Tuesday was run, run, run. Andrew was up early so we were out the door, to the gas station (for $.10 coffee), Wal-Mart and downtown GR to pick up recycling bins and home by 10:30. We then had a testing at 11:45, then hit the bank, the gas station again (for gas) and the library. After Andrew’s second nap, we took another nice long walk! It was BEAUTIFUL outside and I know Rocky needs it! Then, in the evening, Andrew had no appetite at all and started to get really fussy. We ended up putting him to bed at seven with a fever. It kept rising through the night and topped off a little over 104. Needless to say, none of us slept well that night.

Wednesday morning, Andrew’s fever dropped to a low grade, so we went to church. I wouldn’t have, except that the main teacher was on vacation so I was the teacher and had all the supplies with me. Andrew ended up in my class the majority of the time – nursery was just a little to stressful for him that day. But all things considered, the class went well with me teaching with baby in tow. Then we came home long enough for him to take a short nap before heading to a testing where he screamed all the way through it and only tried the first product. It was lovely. He looked so sick and sleepy, the poor thing. And the mean mom that I am, instead of taking him straight home when it was over, we ran into D&W and Walgreens for two quick quick stops. He actually did really good considering. He napped when I got home and I worked on laundry and on the computer for a while. When Marc got home, we all went on a walk before dinner. We gave little man a tub, Marc went to play at Geoffs, Andrew went to sleep and I vegged on the couch with the computer and the TV. It was nice (even though there was NOTHING on).

Today, we did a quick stop at Meijer for a great sale on Chicken Breast only to find out they were out. So instead of a quick in and out stop, it turned into tracking down a not very helpful meat person…finding out if, in fact, they were out…finding out about rain checks, going through the checkout anyway to get the rain check behind the SLOWEST CHECKOUT PERSON E.V.E.R.! It’s one thing, if I was planning on being there a while and had major shopping to do. But when it’s set in your head that you will be in and out and you’re not…well, my patience gets tested. So I got my rain checks and we headed home for Andrew to nap before testing. Again, Andrew still does not have an appetite (the only thing I’ve been able to get him to eat the past 2.5 days is Cheerios and graham crackers – which doesn’t exactly fit the food pyramid all that well). So, again, he did not want the testing food. Fortunately, I can still rate the products and we still get paid. We stopped and got puppy food on the way home and now I’m just working on getting the house clean while Andrew sleeps.

I’m thinking this fever, lack of appetite, lethargy that Andrew has is again, just teething since he seems to do this now about once every 4-5 weeks without any other symptoms. I don’t know. Strange little boy, but we love him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know!! I KNOW!! I Win!!! I WIN!!!! Love ya. Mom

Sarah said...

I know too!!! Did I win? Hope everything is okay, even if the title is true!

Kelly Dykstra said...

I knew too!!! I knew too!!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, Aidan's been on that track too... fever every few weeks-- few other symptoms if any... yep.

Congrats to Marc on his big sale yesterday!
Love,
"THE OTHER"

Anonymous said...

Who'd thunk such a reaction to a blogspot title. Keep it up. Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...