Thursday, March 10, 2005

Still my little boy

Well, Andrew’s first birthday came and went and he didn’t morph into some little kid I didn’t recognize…He’s still the same little boy I knew two days ago. And I managed to make it through the day without getting emotional once. In fact, the day was so busy, there wasn’t time. I thought about it a bit on the way to church in the morning doing the whole “this time last year” thoughts (At that time…. a year ago…. was pretty much the worst thing in my life). Then I really didn’t think about it again until three and realized that I didn’t even notice when it turned 1 to tell Andrew that he OFFICAILLY one!

Anyway, we had church in the morning and like a good mother, I brought cookies for Andrew’s class. Then we had a quick stop on the way home before naptime for Andrew. I made rice crispy treats and dinner for some friends of ours, and set up pizza dough in the bread maker, and baked a cake, then baked the pizza dough. Made spinach /cheese omelets for lunch and picked up the house. Andrew and I then ran dinner over to our friend’s and visited them and their new baby for a bit. (Really pretty little girl). By the time we got home, Marc was home and the Dressler’s were over a little later. We made and ate our pizzas, then headed to TGI Friday’s for dessert. Andrew got a balloon and his own little sundae with caramel and hot fudge. That was pretty much our night and how Andrew spent his first birthday.

Now we are waiting for his Grandma and Grandpa Dykstra to show up from Iowa…should be here in a few hours. I still have some cleaning to do, but over all, we are ready for company. My folks are coming later Friday. Because of this, I might not update much until next week. Until next time…. Happy Birthday, Andrew!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...