Thursday, March 17, 2005

We survived....

We survived the birthday weekend!! It went great. We had both of Andrew's grandparents up and they spoiled, spoiled, spoiled him. In fact, I had to issue a No Suger Edict for the next week for him. (which I've already broken when his squirrally little hand snuck my cookie the next day). Part of all the sugar he ate was his birthday cake which I made and it looked AWESOME!!! Unfortunatly, nobody but him ate it and I dumped the rest of the cake in the trash a few days later. And right after that, my son repeatedly threw his basketball in the trash so that I had to keep wiping off three day old icing off it. But, like I said, he got spoiled. Some new clothes, and plenty of socks, a cool rain coat, some more Little People, some tub toys, a couple DVD's, a book, and some piggy bank money. Man....I need to turn one! For any of you out there who donated to this cause.....Thank you very much!!!! You can click here if you would like to see pictures of the weekend and more of the cake in the face.

So now it's Thursday and I feel like I am just getting back into the groove of things. Monday and Tuesday was just cleaning, laundry, etc... Wednesday, we had church in the AM, then a product testing in the afternoon, and then I have to be honest that I didn't do too much the rest of the day. It was nice...but it's crazy how messy the house can get in an afternoon, without any picking up afterwards. Today, I drug Andrew all over town this morning, the poor thing. We hit Aldi's, the a second hand kids store I wanted to checkout (didn't see anything interesting), then Meijer, then David's Bridal. By the time we got home, Andrew was out and took a nice long nap complete with hat, coat and shoes. I put grogeries away and started into the mess that I had left by not doing much the day before.

Today starts NCAA tournaments (which is why my normal happy Thursday TV night, stinks)and I have my bracket filled out. I have to say...for being an uneducated participant, I think I am doing pretty well. Well, I want to get a few more things done, so this is it for now. Oh and
Happy St. Patrick's Day

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...