Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I've seen better days...

Well, it felt like death crawled in bed with me last night. Sometime in the middle of the night, it started. Trips to the bathroom every five minutes while trying to determine which "end" was going to win the coveted seat that time. It was an evil evil prank my gastrointestinal tract played on me. And it didn't let up until about 2 hours ago. Oh and Marc got a dose of it as well, though not quiet as severe. Needless to say, I called in today. But not after much debate since I was supposed to cover for someone today and knew I would be putting everyone in a bind. But considering, I couldn't even imagine making the drive in to work, let alone working...I finally made the call. So, now, I am trying to slowly replenish fluids (since they were ALL lost and then some) since dehydration-ville is a bad-bad place for pregnant folk to spend time. Food is still out of the question, but I'm trying a little water.

Praise God, Andrew has not been affected! I can't imagine the both of us, barely able to crawl out of bed, taking care of an ill child as well. So we still packed him up and Marc took him into daycare today. We figured the less time he spent with us the better and at least this way, he will get some real attention and play vs. the moaning and grunting from his own parents. But he is home now and happy as ever and seems to be feeling fine. I took yet another nap while Marc went to pick him up, so now Marc is upstairs in bed and kiddo and I are on the couch watching Veggie Tales. It may not be the best parenting skills ever, but we may have children's movies in most of the night tonight.

Again, chalk another day off to getting my Honey Do Lists done. Fortunately, Marc is still off work tomorrow, and my AM meeting got canceled, so I don't need to be in to work until my usual 11:30-12:00 time and only work 4 hours. So that still gives us some recovery time.

On a side note: I am totally blaming this on the stomach flu and not the viral flu. Both Marc and I ate Arby's last night and kiddo did not other than a few fries. And of course, the number one rule my midwife has for her pregnant ladies is, "NO FAST FOOD" due to food poisoning.

Another side note: While typing this I mentioned that we are watching Veggie Tales. Well, it's the "Are you my Neighbor?" And I've had to rewind the Silly Song with Larry, "Oh, Where is my Hairbrush" 5 times for my son. As soon as it gets over, he starts requesting the "TB Buttons?" for "More Singing?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...