Saturday, February 25, 2006

Resorting to Saturday morning Cartoons

It’s 8:30 Saturday morning. The kiddo, who we allowed to stayed up until 9 last night in the hopes of him sleeping in a bit today, was up at 6:30. Of course, I did not go to bed at 9, so I am tired. So, I am cheating. I am on the couch, Andrew is in his highchair watching cartoons and eating a breakfast of rice pudding (kid loves rice!). I did splurge and make myself some coffee this morning. But am trying to “fancy” it up a bit with frothy milk to make my more-milk-than-coffee drink more satisfying… Plus, then I can spread my 1 cup limit over two cups. I am even drinking it out of my nice clear fancy coffee glasses.

Side note: Ever since Andrew started sleeping with a pillow, his hair sticks up everywhere in the morning. It’s really funny. However, when I checked on him last night, he was totally laying sideways about halfway down the bed. But he hasn’t fallen out yet… that we know of.

Once I get up and going and drag Marc out of bed (he was supposed to get up and play racquetball this morning, but called early to cancel – I have a sneaky suspicion he was up late…. since I was up late and he was still up), I have high expectations for today. We need to get our winter village down (yes, it’s a winter village, NOT a Christmas village, so we are still justified in it being up…. it did snow this week). But I would like it down regardless. I think I would also like to get the top bunk up…. maybe. I am still debating this one. On one hand, maybe we should wait and not change things in Andrew’s room, again so soon. But, it would be nice to not store the pieces and instead be able to store other stuff on the top bunk since his room is pretty packed. I would also like to finish our taxes and of course there is the never ending laundry, cleaning, vacuuming, etc… Oh, and I should hit the market. But, then again, it is Saturday…so who knows how much of all this will really get done.

Of course, a nap will be top priority!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put the top bunk on - that is the GREATEST for little boys who want to make awesome forts! Andrew will be wanting to go to bed early if he can have a sheet or towel hanging down over his "cave."
Enjoy! MJP

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...