Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Oh, Mr. Moon!

This morning, as we were pulling out of our driveway at some un-reasonable hour, Andrew saw the moon.  And I tell you what....his day was made.   All the way to school, as long as the moon was visable, I heard:
 
"The moon, Mama, the moon!"
"I see the moon, Mama!"
"I pound (found) the moon!"
 
However, whenever we made a left turn or drove by some high trees:
 
"Where'd moon go, Mama?"
"The moon is bwoken"
"Mama, pix (fix) the moon."
 
And it wasn't like he would make one comment and let it drop.  He talked about the moon all the way to daycare, repeating these phrases over and over and over.   However, during the final stretch of road, the moon was behind us and I knew we wouldn't be turning right again, so I told him that the moon went bye-bye so the sun could come out.  However, right as we were getting ready to walk into daycare, he heard an airplane so he looked up and lo and behold, "I pound the moon, Mama!!"   It was a very exciting morning for my little man.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...