Thursday, February 7, 2008

$200.47

What can two Franklin's get you on grocery day?



I hate spending that much in one day morning, but I usually only go major grocery shopping every two to three weeks, unless there is a great sale. So this will last us a while. Now, I just need to get busy 'processing' it. (Dividing up meat into freezable portions, pouring a little off the top of the milk before freezing it, determining what we will eat in the next few days that stays in the fridge vs. freezer, etc...) The good thing is with the weather being so cold, I can keep things in the garage until I am ready to take care of it. Alright, now you know more about my grocery habits than you ever wanted to know. (Oh... and I will be getting $13.72 back in rebates, so my total is actually under two Benjamins. Woo Hoo).
Oh, I totally know someone will (or should) comment about how I have too much time on my hands... and I wouldn't blame them.

4 comments:

Rebecca H. said...

my comment is not at all about you having too much time on your hands. i was actually going to say i feel much better now that i've seen this. i know i'm not the only one who does this! but the sad thing is, we usually go through about $150/week! yikes! and i am a bargain shopper through and through...i think i spend more time making my list and menu than i do at the grocery. i would love for $200 to last for 2-3 weeks! i'm inspired!! lol!

Kelli said...

I don't think it's going to last... my two boys are eating more and more each week! And I am the same way... I spend forever on my list and menu plan that it's almost neurotic. :) And I know we will have to stop in the grocery for a few things... I already found things I missed or overlooked, like gallon ziplocks and sour cream. So it goes...

faroutmom said...

Wow!!! That is awesome! Well done! I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration. I think I will see what I can do with $200 next time I go and it may appear on my blog, too. Maybe I will challenge my readers to do the same. Not that I have that many readers, but who couldn't save a little money by trying to do shopping on the down-low?

Anonymous said...

Kelli- Gary and I spent $120 on groceries saturday, It's crazy how much groceries are.. I didn't know you could freeze milk.. doesn't it seperate? Okay.. rebates? they take a little too long back. You got a lot of time on your hands. (j/k because I think that I was the one you were talking about =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...