Saturday, February 23, 2008

It's one of those, again.

I know I haven't posted much this week - it's boring update time. It's been a busy one, but not with anything exciting or super 'blog-worthy'.

My parents did come up last weekend and stay through Monday since it was President's Day. We had a really nice (albiet lazy) visit. The kids loved them being here (and we did, too). Our car was also in the body shop part of the week and now in the repair shop the rest of the week. Pray for the car... we need to be fixable inexpensively. So most of the week, I didn't have a car and now I am driving the loaner minivan, "The Taco".

Tuesday, the weather was bad, Bible Study was cancelled and I we didn't have a car, so we were home. Wednesday, I did try to take the kids outside for the bit. Andrew loved it, but the snow was up to poor AJ's waist and he just could hardly walk in it. We ended up just taking a short walk on the plowed sidewalks - either way, we got some fresh air. We had Bible Study that night.

Thursday we were at home until Grease in the evening. It was chaotic getting there (Marc was out of town, so I had to get a sitter and Murphy's law ensued). But once I got there and was able to take a deep breath, it was a lot of fun! It was mostly college kids and while it was no Broadway, they did a great job and we enjoyed ourselves.

Friday, I finallly had the 'Taco', so I made the poor kids run all over town with me running errands....Meijer, Biggby Coffee, gym with friends, gas,Sam's and Aldi's. By the time we got home it was 2pm, too late for Andrew to nap since we wanted the boys to go to bed a earlier bedtime. I put AJ down, Andrew had 'quiet time' in our bed with books and I put groceries away. I quickly made some requested sugar cookie dough before loading up the kids and heading to some friend's house to meet Marc and hang out for the evening (but forgot the cookie dough at home.)

We don't have much planned for this weekend, which is nice. Hope your weekend is, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey

My name is Scott Lancaster from www.diyfather.com we are a global online interactive forum for fathers based in New Zealand.

I was hoping that you might be interested in sharing content, we would link back to your site with your name on our site.

Also would you be interested in doing a podcast interview via telephone?

Let me know if this is possible I look forward to hearing from you

My return email is scott@diyfather.com

Regards Scott

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...