Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Busy

OK, I know my last post stated we didn't have much going on this week....well....I must have been full of it, because it's been busy.  Monday we found out we were having an overnight guest on Tuesday, so we have to hustle in high gear to get our guest room presentable.  It's still needs a lot of work, but due to my sewing stuff, my scrapbook stuff, all the stuff that got moved in there when we redid the other room....it was a job past due.
 
Tuesday I got a call in the morning that my friend Kari was in the hospital working on having her baby!  So I was on the phone in the morning and poor kiddo just stuck (well, heaven for him) watching TV and eating animal crackers so mama could talk in peace.  Not one of my proudest parenting moments.  I cut out of work early then and went to the hospital to visit.  Still no baby and one busy toddler, so we didn't stay too long.  We went home, met Ryan who was staying with us, and waiting for THE phone call.  Of course, wouldn't you know....that is the night that our phone rang 1700 times!    Finally at 8-ish I called the hospital room to find out if we needed to let thier dog our (ok, an excuse to find out what was going on!!) and they had thier baby boy!!!   Noah.  It was too late to head over that night since Marc was going to play basketball and it was only 15 minutes before kiddos bedtime.  But I made some calls for them and ended up chatting most of the evening on the phone.
 
So, today (I can hardly wait) we are heading to the hospital after work to see the new baby.  Andrew and I did a little shopping this morning for him.  We got materials to make the baby his own tag blanket.  It was fun this morning, explaining to Andrew while we were shopping for material to make a tag blanket for Noah, how Noah needs a "B" just like Andrew does.  So Andrew was picking up that it was Noah's "B".   Then we hit Kohls and I used some Kohls money and got Noah a cute little outfit for next fall/winter and some undershirts for Andrew. 
 
Which means, tomorow, I will be doing all the things that I should have been doing this week so far....like laundry, pay bills, cleaning, etc...   This has turned into a busy week after all and it's only Wednesday.  Ok, just got more worked handed to me, so I gotta run with no proofing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...