Friday, January 20, 2006

Early Nesting?

Well, Andrew is feeling better - he slept through the night last night(still on cough meds but acting like his happy silly self). Things have been fine here. Wednesday evening we ran errands after work and got a few things checked off my "To do before baby comes" list.

Plus we bought Andrew mittens. This seems like a minor achievement, but I was very excited about it. You see, he got a pair of mittens early in the season, but our mitten clips from last year didn't hold up until this year....so needless to say, he lost one almost immediately. Well, apparently, once Thanksgiving comes, they take mittens off the shelves and start stocking swimwear or something. We hunted and hunted (even bought and returned a couple pair) for mittens and couldn't find ANY that fit him. Finally, after a little talking to from his teacher (about him not having mittens), I was determined to find him some AND mitten clips. So we ventured out to Burlington Coat factory (I had already tried Target, Kohl's, Meijer, Wal-Mart, etc...) And lo and behold there were mittens in his size and a good color AND they already were attached to each other with a long string to go through the coat! (I know you are thinking that she is totally pathetic to be so excited about it....but well, I was....so there). And Andrew got all the way home before ripping the mitten off the string. Yes, you read that right. "Mitten Bwoken?". Yes, child, you bwoke your brand new mitten. Fortunately, it wasn't anything a little sewing machine magic couldn't fix. And now, after a stern talking to about how to take off the mittens, the mittens are as good as new and he actually enjoys wearing them. Aaahhhh....life is good.

Last night we had one of Marc's buddies who was in town on business stay with us. Since we saved the cost of the hotel room, he got to take us out to a nice dinner at Lonestar. I was a little hesitant since our Lonestar is known for it's poor service, but we were pleasantly surprised and the food was great. We even have some for dinner tonight. Then the big boys were up super late playing, so gave the little boy a tub and called it an early night.

Not a lot is planned for tonight or this weekend for that matter. I am hoping to get more of my "before baby comes projects" done along with the usual home maintenance...laundry, cleaning, etc...

Have a great weekend.

Oh, I almost forgot....I got my baby sling in. I am VERY excited about this as well. I got one of these after much sling research which all pointed that these were the best for the money. I figure since I have a very busy toddler, something like this will probably come in very handy. I may have to take it this weekend to my friend's and try it out on her new baby. I thinking of selling my older (but practically new) baby carrier on ebay.

Ok, now you can have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Stout Family said...

Kelli,

Hey- since you are in the market for baby stuff again...check out this breastfeeding cover called, hooter- hider. Tim's sister-in-law from California uses hers all of the time and it something I have given to a few friends! They're great! Just a thought...you are always so up-to-date on everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...