Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Little Stinker is playing us.

Well, I believe we have a behavior issue on our hands.  You see, little man has been getting up crying in around 10:00 at night and will only stop once he is placed in our bed with us.  He's not sick, he's not in pain, he's clean and fed and yet he acts as if he is dying.  We even tried to have him cry it out last night (something we should NOT have to do with a toddler who is normally a good sleeper), but you could tell this was a matter of will since his little temper tantrums were involved.    And yes, after dealing with him for so long....we gave in.   Around midnight, we just brought him into our bed, where he is a happy little camper.   He did wake back up around 1:30 fussing a bit, but I was able to take him to his room, rock him a bit and get him to sleep in his own bed.  I hate the fact that he can throw a temper and get his way, but after so long...well, sometimes y'gotta do whatcha gotta do to get some rest.  I pray this is a short lived phase only and it's long gone before he moves into his big boy bed next month.  
 
Ok, what have we been up to?  Besides our "24-a-thon".   We had church Sunday morning, then went to my friend, Kari's house for a brunch to celebrate her birthday. (And of course see Baby Noah.)    We then came home long enough to catch quick naps, make some enchilada soup and beer bread to take to our small group that night.
 
Last night we were able to meet up with some friends at Chili's (thanks to a Christmas gift card!) for fajita night!  I LOVE their fajitas....their margaritas are pretty good, too, but alas....I passed being with child and all.   Marc and I used to frequent our local Chili's EVERY (and I mean EVERY) Monday for their fajita specials.  We had "our" waitress and got the know the staff.  It was a nice little weekly date night for us.  Now it's a rare treat, so I really get excited when we get a chance to go.  Plus, we totally splurged and got dessert too.   A HUGE piece of chocolate mocha pie that Andrew and I finished off.  We finished off the night with a few "24" episodes after Andrew went to bed (before the tantrums began).
 
This morning,  we had to be up early because I had my 28 weeks OB appt.  This was the icky one where I have to take the sugar test (drink gross orange drink and get poked), get tested for anemia (i.e. poke) and my RH shot (big ouchie poke).  So I was there for a while.    Believe or not, I called this afternoon to see when I would get my results since I failed these tests my last pregnancy and they had them already.   I passed my sugar test this time (which after my huge piece of chocolate mocha pie, I was a little iffy), but failed my anemia (no big surprise).  So I'll probably get put on iron supplements which make me feel crummy and nauseous.  Blah.    Oh well.  At least, I don't have to take the HUGE sugar test.
 
Well, nothing too exciting tonight, I have a lot on my "to do" list like laundry, cleaning, etc...   So well see how motivated I am when I get home.  Marc plays ball tonight, so we'll actually be taking a night off from "24" and I will probably actually get some stuff done once little man is in bed (hopefully for the night).   And my goal is to get to bed at a decent hour after last night and up early this morning...I am tired! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...