Saturday, January 14, 2006

What?! I'm having a baby?!

It’s Saturday night, I guess that makes it alright…..um…sorry. Raspberry Beret is in my head.  

So, it was a busy week after all.  Wednesday evening we went to the hospital and saw the new baby.  He is ADORABLE.  And I am not just saying that because you say that about babies.  He is truly a cutie and very “boy” looking.    All the way there, Andrew kept saying, “Baby Noah!” over and over and when we finally got to their floor, he just yelled it.   Well, I guess he announced we were coming.

Thursday morning we had Andrew’s 21mo. well baby appt.  (He’s 22 mos, but we are a month behind somehow).  Anyway, it went awful.  There were no shots involved and he was perfectly healthy, but last time he was there….only couple weeks ago…he had to get a full work up including a catheter.  (Yes, you read that right).   So needless to say, he was a happy little boy until they started checking him out.  Then you would have thought we were pulling his toe nails out one by one.  It was very heartbreaking.  I do not hear him cry that hard too often.   He recovered shortly after and was back to my happy boy soon, but man, it was NOT a fun visit.   So, for those who are interested…his stats are height – 36 ¾ inches (=36mo old) and weight – 30lbs & some odd oz. (=33mo old).    That night we worked around the house, I made a tag blanket for the new baby, & watched some TV.

And I must confess – I got a little hormonal and stressed out Thursday because after seeing my friends’ new baby yesterday, it really dawned on me that I am going to have a baby soon and I was more than just “pregnant” and all the things that I felt I needed to do yet hit me like a Mac truck and I started to freak out a bit.  Marc had compassion for me and took part of my share of our chores for me so I could relax a bit.

Friday, we didn’t do anything to exciting.  Both Marc and I had very stressful days.  Mine was physically challenging as it was super busy and I felt like I walked miles and miles (all this while carrying large charts and pregnant).  And Marc had to take many tests, so his was mentally challenged and we were both just totally drained.  I did manage to do a small amount of grocery shopping after work, which led to a gourmet dinner of pigs in a blanket & spinach salad.    Andrew was acting very “two” and with both of our patients being thin, the poor guy was in trouble every time he turned around.    Once he was in bed, I took my tea and nice warm bath and went to bed.

This morning we all slept in until 10:30.  Yes – 10:30.  Granted, Marc was up late with Andrew, I was up in the middle of night for a couple hours after getting up with Andrew (couldn’t sleep for some reason, got up, snacked, got online, etc….).    So we all seemed to need it.  Then we worked around the house most of the day.   I worked mostly in the kitchen, making pizza sauce and 2 pizzas, and homemade cinnamon rolls.  I also finished the grocery shopping and prepped some of that food for our freezer.  Marc did laundry and general working around the house.  Andrew was much more behaved today.

We then packed up one of the pizzas, a homemade macaroni and cheese dinner, and the cinnamon rolls and headed over to our friend’s to see the new baby.   Did I mention how cute he is?  Tonight, we ate the other pizza (Yes, we ate pizza again.  We eat it about once a week….get over it!)  Marc and I played a little Canasta once little man went to bed and now we are just vegging out in front of the TV.  (Man, we sound like an old couple).

Ok, this was more of any update post vs. anything real exciting to read.  But that is what we’ve been up to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! you guys do eat a lot of pizza.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...