Monday, January 9, 2006

Where's the soap?

Well, I hope you had a nice weekend.  Ours was productive.   Saturday,  I ran some errands while Marc worked around the house.  We did some rearranging and finally did something with our abandoned room downstairs.   It was a big big job and have to give Marc all the credit because he worked hard on Saturday (and more on it yesterday).  It still needs work, but it's so much better.  Plus we got our Christmas decor down....which believe it or not, is nice to have the space back.  I really like how it's all looking.  Oh, but I have to tell you.  Andrew said his first naughty word this weekend, thanks to Marc.   Now, let me preface by stating that we are NOT a swearing family.  It takes quiet a bit to pull one out of us but we are human as well and well, "it" happens on occasion.  This was one of those occasions for Marc.   I was in the same room and I didn't even hear it (he was trying to get all the entertainment center wiring hooked back up).  However, apparently our son did and promptly repeated it.  Lovely.
 
Speaking of Andrew....he's taken on a second persona.   He has his sweet delicate little Andrew voice that asks for "More Milk Mama?"  and says, "Hi Dorothy" back to Elmo.  Then he has this deep growling voice that sounds like he should be the announcer at a Monster Truck Rally.  The guy who yells over the commercials for them and says, "Coming this Sunday! SUNDAY!".  This voice pops up quiet often and he makes the funniest face during it....his lips pucker out and his eyebrows furrow.    And then....lately, he's also been calling me "Mom".   Not Mama, not mommy, just Mom.   Kid!  You are not even two!  Stop sounding like your thirteen!   I AM MAMA to you!  I am not ready to be "mom".   Mom comes before things like, "I need $20" or "can I borrow the car?" or "can I bring my dirty laundry home?".   Nope, not ready to be "mom" yet!
 
But I have to tell you what he was doing today in school.  It looked like so much fun I wanted to stay and play.  The teachers took plastic little dinosaurs and put them in dixie cups, then poured plaster of paris over them and let them harden.   They got to "dig" out the dinosaurs today with popsicle stick chisels and plastic hammers.  What a creative fun idea!
 
Anyway, back to this weekend, Sunday was church in the morning, more working around the house, a nice roast dinner (not pizza!) and a naptime in the afternoon, then Community groups in the evening.    I don't think much is going on this week, which I am thankful for.  Hopefully I can knock out a few more things off my big catch-up-from-the-holidays to do list.

1 comment:

Jen & Gary said...

WHAT?! Marc swore?? what kind of parents are you guys anyway... j/k! Luv ya, Jen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...