Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Andrew is Grounded from the Phone

So this morning I am carrying around Andrew and talking on the phone to my mom. When finished I put Andrew down and must have placed the phone within his reach. I was working in the kitchen and saw that he found the phone and is pressing buttons. Well, we don't have long distance on our phone, plus you have to press the 'talk' button after dialing in order to place a call. So I wasn't in a huge rush to run over there and take the phone away. I finished what I was doing (like a minute tops) and went over and hung the phone up. Less than a minute later the phone rings...

Me: "Hello"
Man on other end: "This is 911 emergency, is everything ok? Someone there just dialed 911."
Me: "WHAT?! Oh, I am so sorry, my son just had the phone..."(I continue to apologize up and down and all over the place).
Man: "That's allright, we're just checking".
Me: Still apoligizing profuselly, "Thank you".

So then I dash around the house like a mad women cleaning the house which was awful and getting myself out of my pj's and dressed, because I've convinced myself a police cruiser will be knocking on my door any minute. (Which never did happen, thankfully and at least I got my house in a somewhat presentable order fairly quickly).

Little stinker of mine. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Kelli! Last week Morgan called 911 on purpose because she wanted to see if they REALLY exhist! I was in the shower and heard the phone ring and I jumped out and answered and it was 911! I was like?????HUH???? and then I figured it out!!!! Up setting isn't it! Jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...