Saturday, December 11, 2004

Yet, I Sit Here and Write...

I need to go to bed, and yet I sit here and write. Why? I don't know. I don't have anything especially important to say, yet I sit here and write. Nothing profound or in depth, yet I am here...

Today was a nice day, yet a very unproductive day. I feel like we did nothing around the house. We ran a few errands in the afternoon. I was able to take my coffee maker back and get a new one ...will have to let you know how it works tomorrow...er, later today. We stopped at the little mall for Andrew to play in the play area. He also got to see and wave at Santa. I thought about letting him sit on his lap and decided not to because A) He's already seen Santa twice B) He either screamed or was clearly just not impress both of those times C) I didn't have a camera with me D) They wanted anywhere from $11 to $26 for them to take a picture. OUTRAGEOUS!!

Tonight we had two couples come over. We snacked and taught them to play Texas Hold 'em. I totally lost! But, it was really nice. Andrew went down fairly easily so it was nice to have a baby-free evening with some friends.

Ok, now a quick update on Andrew. Maybe somebody will shed some light on whatever is going on with him. If you a read a few posts ago...we had what I would call a "puking incident" Thursday morning. It was awful, however, I thought it was over and done with. He acted like his happy self all day, except that I could hardly get him to eat anything. Not cheerios, not sweet potatoes, not even bananas. And this is the little boy that eats EVERYTHING and a lot of it. So then last night, he gets a little sick on Marc as he's putting him down for the night. Today, again, he acts totally fine and happy....EXCEPT, he doesn't want to eat. I was able to get him to eat a little fruit and graham crackers, but NOTHING compared to normal. Now, to his credit, he is still nursing ok, but we are down to nursing only about 3-4 times a day. So then, this afternoon, right before we decided to run errands and I was trying to see if he would eat a little applesauce (which he normally loves, but wouldn't eat a bite), he totally puked (a lot) all over himself. What?! So we change him and started a load of laundry (I hate laundry) and headed out and he was happy. We get home and again I am trying to feed him something healthy and give up and give him a graham cracker, when suddenly there is this horrid smell! HORRID! He had a total blowout. This was a "strip-the-clothes-put-him-in-the-bath-spray-Febreeze-and-put-a-fan-in-the-room" type blowout. Maybe the worst I've seen from him. Now, when he was more of a baby-baby...blowouts were par for the course, but we haven't seen one of those in months. Let alone one of this caliber. But again, he was happy as can be. So, anyway, I am not too concerned about him at this point, since he seems to feel fine, I just find it bizarre that he's not eating, puking and then this blowout thing. We'll see how this weekend goes and call it from there.

Ok, I really need to go to bed now. Night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli - me again! (Carol/carosyrup) I saw your comment on my blog and would've just emailed you but shit, your email address is hard to track down, lol. OK, so first thing is to answer your question about my siggy on the March 04 board. Here's your answer, lol: http://messageboards.ivillage.com/iv-ppplaymar04n/?msg=6490.6

Now, as for what's going on with Andrew. I suspect two things: Either a virus or teething. Both can cause what you describe. Although I'm leaning more towards a virus. If I were you I'd try to nurse him more and give him less solids during this time. If it is a virus your milk will help him fight it.

Good luck & post an update ASAP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...