Friday, December 10, 2004

I Need My Coffee...

*sniff* I have to take back my new coffee maker. I received a new coffee maker from my parents as a birthday present this past weekend. Well, all week, I've been wondering what wrong with it. Now I know each coffee maker is different, and you kinda have to know how yours works and adjust accordingly such as add more or less grounds or water, etc... So, I've been thinking that I just haven't got the maker 'down' yet. The coffee it made was always less than the water I put in it. It wasn't a huge discrepancy...but one non-the-less and sometimes significant enough for me to add more water. The last two days, I've even dumped a pot and made a new one. So this morning, when I wake up and find only 2 cups of coffee made out of 6 and water all over the counter, I lift the maker up and find a steady stream of water pouring out. HUGE BUMMER. So I think we are going to run out and see if we can get it replaced today. (I NEED MY COFFEE!) :)

Andrew seems to be doing ok. He didn't sleep as well as the night before last night, but it wasn't too bad either. Pretty normal. He did get sick a little on Marc last night, so I'm not sure what's going on there. He didn't eat hardly anything yesterday, though. The inside of a breadstick, some peas and graham crackers are about all he would take...refusing even his favorites, bananas and sweet potatos (not together of course). :) I'm thinking it just might be some little stomach bug and hopefully is now gone.

Well, it's Friday and we really don't have much planned and I am happy about that! Might hang out with some friends tonight, might not. Either way is fine. I think Marc and I might run some errands today and of course, work on the never ending laundry.

Y'know...we do a decent job of washing our clothes when they get dirty. We really don't have that much of a dirty clothes pile. It's the darn folding and putting away that gets us. And it's really not hard. In fact, folding clothes is mindless and can be done in front of the TV, yet we really struggle with it. (Doesn't help that we have a 9 month old that is usually playing in the TV room when we are in there). So what usually happens is the clean clothes get piled onto our 'laundry table' next to the dryer and we grab our clothes out of there. Not a good system...but what we tend to do none-the-less. Well, so there... you've received a glimpse into one of our many weaknesses. I know, I know, you are totally dumbfounded and shocked that we have weaknesses. :)

Did you catch the Apprentice? Jen in the final two!?!?!?! C'mon!

Well, I hope your weekends are fantastic. And Jill, it was GREAT seeing you yesterday. Wish it were more often! Thanks again for lunch!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli - Carol (carosyrup) here - Just wanted to let you know that laundry is my nemesis as well. There are five of us. The dirty laundry is neverending and the "clean clothes" basket hasn't been empty in months. In fact as I sit here and type this there's a load of folded laundry on the sofa and a load of UNFOLDED laundry on the sofa. Eh, I'll get around to it sooner or later, lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...