Tuesday, December 14, 2004

The Countdown Begins

The countdown begins...54 minutes until I'm 27. That means I'm closer to 31 than to 21. Not a profound statement I know...but true none-the-less. Right now I am only 5 years away from 21 and still 5 years away from 31, but not in 54...err..53 minutes.

Not that I really mind too much. If I look back at 21, it was a good year. I was living in a huge house downtown with 8 other girls trying to get through finals week of my junior year of college. But at 27, I have a home, a husband and a son. Much better. At 21, I worked for a realtor in the basement of her home around 15 hours a week for $8 an hour and hated it. At 27, I'm working at home for free and love it. Much better. At 21, I don't really think I could imagine myself being a stay at home mom with a baby. At 27, I can't imagine not being a stay at home mom with a baby. Much better. 48 minutes to go.

Today seemed long...really long. Normally, when Andrew wakes me up in the morning, we slowly get up and going. Playing as I drink my coffee and plan the day, meals, to do list, etc... But this morning, we got up and dressed and hit the grocery store & bank right away since we had a lot to do the rest of the day. We had our small group over for desserts tonight, and this morning our house looked like a war zone. There was a lot of cleaning and baking to do. (Plus I am bringing brownies to Church tomorrow for Jesus' birthday party). 44 minutes to go.

So we get home, Andrew goes down for a nap, I start working/baking. Now remember, I'm coming off the flu, so by 2:30 pm, I was wiped out. When Andrew went down for his afternoon nap, so did I. It was really nice! Marc got Andrew when he woke up, so I got about a 2 hour nap this afternoon. It was WONDERFUL!! 42 minutes to go.

Then, get this....I made gravy. (You'd be proud Mom Dykstra). We had a little leftover roast. So I read the back of the cornstarch box and made gravy and we ate leftover roast and gravy over rolls for dinner. I was very please since I have made multiple attempts at gravy in the past to no avail and had all but given up trying. Anyway, the gravy turned yesterdays leftovers into a meal my hubby raved about. Not the most healthy, so I did add a side of spinach salad. 40 minutes to go.

Of course, there is always the last minute scramble before guests arrive and the stress level got a little high around 7:10pm, but we pulled it off and it went well. Of course, people didn't eat near the amount of dessert they were supposed to, so now we have all these sweet leftovers in our home. BAD NEWS. 38 minutes to go.

Well, I better get going. Better gets to sleep before midnight or .....or wait, that's Christmas and Santa. Anyway, I better get going anyway. Got to get up early tomorrow for Church.

36 minutes to go...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli -- Happy Birthday!! If you are contemplating turning 27 this much, just wait until you hit 30, lmao!

Thanks for the offer to post a comment to The Fat Housewife! Would you please? You can direct her to my blog, tell her that some people want to post comments but can't or whatever you want to say, lol. I appreciate it!

Carol (carosyrup) - http://chaoticharmony.typepad.com/chaotic_harmony/

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday and Happy Holidays Kelli!
I'm in the 21 stage and I can totally relate to what you said about being 21. I am anticipating everything getting even better than what I already have and enjoy after this upcoming summer!!!! Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...