Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Water, Water, Everywhere...

Marc's out of the house during the day and I'm getting SO MUCH DONE!! In fact, by the time he comes home, I am wiped out.

Ok, quick update. We now have running water again! We lived out of pitchers, buckets, etc... filled with water for two days and finally got our shower fixed. And it wasn't outrageously priced either. The part was the most expensive. I can't complain. Of course, the water we saved during those two days, was quickly lost since I immediately ran a couple loads of laundry and the dishwasher. (Oh wait, the water ran ALL FREAKIN' WEEKEND)....no savings here.

Well, last night we ran some errands & spent a little of the Christmas gift cards. I got a new electric skillet with mine. But I haven't replaced the old broken one yet. My thinking is that I will try to use it one last time, and then not have to wash it...just throw it away. I'll have to think of something really messy to make in it.

So, I mentioned I got some new sheets for Christmas. Well, I was so excited about them, I put them on our bed right away. Bad idea. This is one time when it is a good idea to wash then 'wear'. Itchy, Itchy, Itchy. Of course, at the time, we had no water to fix this problem. However, last night we went to bed in nice, new, freshly washed sheets. That's a little bit of heaven right there.

Today, I just worked around the house, went and saw our insurance person, and made dinner and crab dip. Mmmmmm. Dinner wasn't all the hot, but the dip was yummy. :)

I also started reading the Left Behind series again. I say 'again', because I read the first three as they came out. But it took so long for each one to be published and they were so good, it was like torture inbetween books. So I stopped reading them thinking I'll wait until a few more come out. So when the 7th book came out years later, I just started over since I wouldn't remember everything and everyone and all the details etc... That was like in my senior year in college (1999-2000). So now...again, years later, even though I've read up to the seventh book, 5 more books have been released (with another to be released in March according the Left Behind website), I am starting over. And looking forward to it. Might be a slow go with a little guy...but would like to get through them none-the-less. I highly recommend these books to anyone (I also HIGHLY recommend you read them in order, DAD!)

Ok, I am off to go read since Andrew is in bed. Oh! But first... I have to tell you. More and more steps are taken each day. Also, I told you about his "mean glare". Well, we really haven't seen that one much the past couple days. He has a new look. Picture a cute smile. Now 'cheese' it up BIG TIME. He does a super big smile, complete with nose scrunch and squinty eyes. It is TOO funny. If I had my digital camera I would try to capture and share. Hopefully, It will be fixed soon.

Ok, NOW, I am off to bed to read. 'Night, Y'all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...