Wednesday, December 1, 2004

Nice, Decent Nap

Well, we woke up this morning to lots of snow. It was the sticky, cruchy, great for snowmen, bad for scraping of your windsheild type snow. Of course, Andrew and I needed to be at church at 9:00 this morning. Since last night was SO BAD and he was up all the time, I woke up late. Like...really late. So I have Marc get Andrew ready, while I quick get ready...then I look outside and realize, "I HAVE TO SCRAPE THE CAR!!". Yes, we have a two car garage, but no, neither car was in in. So, I bundle up, start the car and start scraping. It's thick snow...like use both hands to pull the scraper across the window only to uncover the top inch. Finally, I get back inside and realize, my son has no eaten anything and we should have left 10 minutes ago. So, I feed him, get him his meds, bundle him up and off we go 20 minutes late. Fortunately the main roads weren't bad and didn't slow us down much. However, a section of 4 consecutive traffic lights were out on the way there, which did slow us down somewhat. SO...a half an hour late, we get to church. Phew. By the time I got there and got Andrew in the nursury, I wanted a nap. Fortunatly, (or maybe it wasn't a good thing since it's a Bible Study) the class was very small today and it wasn't a big deal at all that I was late. The kiddos are always so much and I still really enjoyed myself. We learned about Samuel and how well he listened to God.

Andrew feel asleep as usual in the car on the ride home, so I put him straight to his crib. Then I went and napped. I actually got a nice, decent nap. Andrew woke up shortly after I put him down, but Marc rocked him and got him to nap for like another hour and a half. NICE!! Good job, Daddy. Andrew is feeling a little better. His true happy self made a few apperances today and he played by himself for a good half hour while I cleaned.

Tonight I went Jen's Southern Living party hosted at Kari's house. It was really nice. Nice to get out and spend a little time with the girls and eat lots of good desserts. (Thanks Kari).

Oh, side note: I caught Andrew standing by himself for quite long periods of time today. (I don't think he realizes he's doing it, cause he's usually checking something out when he just happens to let go of whatever he was holding on to). Marc and I think he might take a step or two by Christmas. Not full fledge walking...but maybe just a step.

Ok, enough for now. Hope all is well for those of you who take time out of your busy schedule to take a peek at my world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...