Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Maybe we should just be quarantined.

Oh my....what a ride the last couple days have been.

Friday night, little man was up all night coughing and miserable. So I was hesitant to send him with my mom and even called to see if she would even want him (dumb question). So we made the trip and he seemed to feel better but with no appetite. I had my girls weekend (Hi Jen & Jill - you can read about our weekend here), which was really nice & relaxing, but I still felt pretty crummy. I pick Andrew up and he is blatantly sick....with green goo coming out of every orifice of his face, especially his eyes and he was consistently coughing . So he was in Rainy Day Day Care yesterday and hasn't really slept since Friday at naptime. He's so very tired and even asks to go to Dada's bed to try to sleep, but just can't.

Yesterday I went to my OB and finally got on 2 prescriptions and am actually feeling better already. I think in a day or two, I'll be just fine. In fact, I think I could have actually slept last night....except that little man was HORRID! Poor kid couldn't sleep at all again and he was SOO tired! Well, my mom called last night to tell us that she officially has Pink Eye. So off to the doctor we go this morning. The good news is no pink eye, just a viral cold and hence all the goo and coughing. The bad news is nothing can really be done about it but let it run it's course of approximately two weeks (Are you kidding me?!). The other news is, he has an ear infection in one, or possibly both, ears. So he is on amoxicillin. I am hoping at least this will help him sleep. (Don't tell, but after many hours of him not sleeping last night and thrashing about, Marc and I gave him just a tad of my cough medicine with codeine - which did wonders!)

So, he is back at Rainy Day today. Still no appetite, still puffy and pale and gooey, but hopefully on the road to recovery. We are just praying that all this stays away from Marc. He is gone all next week for training in New Jersey and the last thing he needs is to be sick. Plus we are praying we recover too, because it would be A LOT for me to deal with while he's gone for a week.

Wow....I feel like I am just a whiny broken record lately.

2 comments:

Jen & Gary said...

Kelli- Sorry to hear that you have been having such a terrible time! It's gotta get better! Spring is just around the corner.

Stout Family said...

We'll be praying for a speedy recovery for all! We can totally relate to the crud hanging around...we cannot get rid of it this year and it's sooooo frustrating! Trust the LORD for strength!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...