Monday, March 27, 2006

Not sure how long I can keep this up.

Work was nuts today. I mean totally and 130% nuts. I ended up being there an extra 45 minutes…15 minutes after our dept. closes. I walked my butt off today and carried much more than I should have. I was so tired and frustrated (and hungry – didn’t even have time to eat lunch), that all my willpower was needed to keep from either crying to biting the heads off my well-meaning, no fault of their own co-workers. The last thing I want to do is take my maternity leave early since I don’t get all that much, but I just don’t know if I can keep this up. At least not if days stay like this. Fortunately, not everyday is a Monday.

Other than work, today was actually a nice day. The weather was beautiful and sunny – which makes everything better. I got a lot done around the house this morning and actually more done this evening, despite my resistant body. AND, we got to go the hospital to visit some friends of our who had their baby last night. New baby boy…Nicholas James. So adorable. And of course, the Apprentice was on tonight. (I almost forgot…just like I almost do every Monday since they switched nights).

Andrew is doing well. He actually had a great day since Mom had to work late, because then he got outdoor time since the weather was so nice. The kid LOVES to be outdoors. I even let him play with his mower a bit outside once we did get home from work today. Of course, his two-year-old-ness came out when it was time to come in. M.E.L.T.D.O.W.N. But we recovered.

He was so cute with the new baby today. He wanted to “hode” (hold) him.

However, lately he’s been struggling getting through the night in his big boy bed. Nothing that a little snuggle doesn’t fix… but still requires one of us to get up with him a couple times at night. But then get this… He goes and takes a 2.5-hour nap at daycare on a regular basis. What in the world, kid? You are only there for 4.5 hours and a half hour is lunchtime. Sleep all night, don’t wake up at 6am, and then PLAY at daycare. I’m paying them to watch you eat & snooze! Ok…. whoops, got carried away there. I really do love his daycare. They are truly wonderful and Andrew loves it there.

Ok, I feel like this post is very scattered and that my thoughts are coming very randomly. I am tired and probably should have waiting for morning to post at all when I am in a better state of mind. Oh well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...