Friday, July 22, 2005

Baby Spa Treatment

Little man had his 15 month well baby appointment yesterday (although he is 16 months - we are month behind). He is weighed in at 25 lbs 14.5 oz. which put him the 50th percentile. And he is 35 & 7/8 inches tall which put him in the 95th percentile. his Dr. said he was doing really well and growing great. But the poor little man had to get his shots which I can TOTALLY sympathize with now. And now, because he is a big boy, instead of laying him down, they have him sit on my lap. I stick his foot between my legs and hold his arms while he gets 2 shots in his thigh. I felt sp mean. Especially during the second shot when he was screaming and writhing. Fortunatly, I have the bravest little man and he recovered within a minute or two.

Sidenote: Currently he is sitting/bouncing on a balloon watching Seasame Street. Thankfully, the balloon is currently holding his 25 lbs and 14.5 oz. And it's a full balloon. I'm almost waiting until it pops and freaks him out.

Well, I went to work yesterday, we got home, Marc made dinner of brats and mac & cheese. We worked in the yard for a bit since Marc got an edger from his friend Steve, then we packed up and went to the mall. Marc needed new blades for the edger at Sears and I wanted to price shoes. Plus, Andrew didn't take a second nap and we needed to keep him awake. Which worked but the whole reason we keep him awake was hoping he sleeps in in the morning. Which he didn't this morning. Anyway, we went to the mall and just walked around. We let Andrew play in the breakfast food playarea. (If you are reading this and not from the area...yes, the mall's play area is large plasticy breakfast foods - I have no idea why.)

We got home and Andrew got a nice little mommy spa treatment. He poor little feet are so dry, they are cracked and peeling and blistering, plus he has cuts and scrapes from running on the cement. One foot has such a large blister, it looks like a 6th toe. I can't figure out where that came from - he hardly wears shoes and when he does, it's his sandles that don't touch that spot. I even brought it up to his doctor, who just said to leave it alone. Well, I didn't touch the blister, but I am trying to be pro-active with his feet. So, rather than a full bath, he got a nice little warm soapy foot soak in the sink to clean them and soften them a bit. They he got a little foot massage with a lotiony concoction my aunt made up. Then he slept in socks. Man, to be a kid again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...