Saturday, July 16, 2005

Tear-Free for a Reason

Well, it's Saturday and another crazy week went by. Can I mention again that I will be glad once we are on a regular schedule? Andrew in daycare on a nap schedule he can handle, not having to deal with daily sitters, back to having time to actually clean my house (or something somewhat close to it). Yes, that will be nice, but it won't happen next week. Next week is even crazier than this week, but I won't go into that now. I'm sure you'll read about it eventually.

Today was a nice day. First of all Andrew let me sleep in. My allergies have been acting up (yea...not sure where allergies came from anyway), so I took a Benedryl before bed. Of course I didn't set my alarm since that is what my son is for and it's Saturday. Well, when Marc's mom calls and wake me up at 10:30am...I practically panick. Why didn't I wake up sooner? Where's Andrew? Why didn't he wake me up sooner? I answer the phone and tell her to hang on before she can barely get "Hello" out and run to Andrew's room, where he is just laying in his crib playing with his tags. I get him and head back to the phone shocked that we both slept in so late. Good boy Andrew!! (Marc was gone this morning fishing).

Anyway, we ate breakfast while watching Sesame Street and just hung out until about noon. We had a test at 1, so I get some toys for Andrew to play with and we all head downstairs to bathroom so that I can take a shower. (Our shower curtain rod broke in our bathroom upstairs). Well, Andrew decided that he was going to get in the shower with me - since there is really no barrier that keeps him out. So I strip him down and let him in. He enjoyed himself splashing in the water until he stood up then totally slipped and wiped out and screamed for the next couple minutes until I convinced him that splashing water at Mommy is fun. Since this was an impromtu (but still much needed) shower for Andrew all I had regular shampoo...not tear-free shampoo. Apparently, you wash kiddos with tear-free shampoo for a reason. He started rubbing his eyes right away, then crying, while I am trying to hold a super slippery kid under the running water to wash away the evil shampoo as fast as I can while simultanously taking a dry towel and wiping his eyes. We went back to the splashing Mommy game as soon as we could. I don't think we'll be doing the shower thing again anytime soon.

So we get all ready and we head to a product testing where we tested 6 different kids of cheese crackers....and Andrew loved them all. Tonight we went over to the Uelands with the Dresslers for pizza, dessert, pool, chit chat and cards. It was a really fun night. The girls totally beat the boys. And the kiddo was good and went down really well over there. It helps that the Uelands have babysat him a couple times before and he's sleeps well there. So now we are home and I am going to head to bed - I took another Benedryl and can feel my legs relaxing.

The plan tomorrow is church, lunch, clean the house, read the paper and nap (not necessarily in that order). Oh, and of course, get everything ready for Monday. That's about it. Hope yours is relaxing, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...