Friday, July 8, 2005

Remind me to breathe

I had to get a TB and an MMR shot today. OUCH! I totally understand why my toddler holds his breath (the nurse had to remind me to breathe), then lets out a scream followed by tears. IT REALLY HURT! And it STILL hurts. The MMR one, that is. I can't feel the TB one anymore. Hey, at least they were totally free. The ups and downs of working at a hospital.

I got to pop home at lunch real quick today and little man was napping. I was bummed, but didn't want to wake him. Well, about 10 minutes before I leave, he woke up. Which I think was actually worse than him sleeping. It made it harder for me to go back to work and harder on him to see me (but I was still glad I got to see him). :)

Today was CRAZYNESS at work. I was almost running trying to get everything done. I've been given a new responsibility at work. I will be covering the phones at BOTH campuses during lunch (12-1) everyday. Which is fine - it will be busy, but will be fine. But I also start my PT schedule next week. Which means, after I finished covering phones at 1, I will only have until 4 to complete the chart copies. It will be tight! At least I won't get bored and will get my exercise. Gotta keep those steps up. Did I mention many of my steps are stairs? Each of those should count for two steps. Then of course I come home and many of those steps are lugging around a toddler or pulling a wagon with a toddler. Those steps should count as two also. I'm at 11,100 now.

Well, Marc talked Ryan (who he stayed with in Detroit last night) to go fishing with him at Uncle Arts tonight. So, they drove back to our place to pick up the boat and headed down. That's two nights in a row, Marc's been gone. However, I think it will be great for the boys. First of all, Ryan is one of Marc's best friends and Marc misses him much since Ryan moved to Detroit. Second of all, Ryan's life is stressful since his wife is currently pregnant and on bedrest (she's already gone into labor once at only 25-ish weeks), so he's currently working and taking care of thier 16 month old (who was also was an early bird). So this will be nice for the both of them.

Well, now I am trying to watch a Legally Blonde, it's almost 10pm and little man is STILL CRYING since I put him down at 8:30pm! I've been up there many times, which quiets him down for about 5 minutes, then he starts right back up again. Ok, Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Repeat after me
their, their, their, their!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...