Monday, July 18, 2005

Don't Miss the Bus

So we start our busy week today. Today I had a meeting at 11:00 downtown. Which I really didn't want to go to since both my boys were home today. It was hard for me to leave at 10:30. Then I get downtown and find a note on the desk that says, "Sorry - we have to reschedule." AUGH. So now, I could go straight to work early or dink around or head home since I don't have to be at work until noon. I really don't want to go to work yet, since Monday's are usually slow and I guess I'll already be bored part of the time. BOY WAS I WRONG! It was a record day. 19 transfer requests....boy my feet were aching and my calves were mooin'. So tonight after dinner and an attempt at a nap by our little man, Marc and I headed to the mall and went shoe shopping. We didn't buy anything, but found what I liked and sizes and etc... Boy - good shoes are pricey!! Have to put little man to work more. :)

We got home and got little man in the tub and to bed. He is so sweet. He lets us rock him now and I LOVE rocking him. He closed his eyes and relaxed right away and you would think that he would be totally asleep except for that his little hand his just twists and twirls his tags. Even when I laid him down, he didn't open his eyes at all, but he didn't stop playing with his tags. It's just too cute.

Tomorrow morning, we have to get up and out early for Andrew's doctor appt downtown at 9:00. Then work again. Not much more is going on. I need to get a large packet filled out for daycare - hopefully tomorrow I'll get that done so that I can give it to them on Wednesday. On Wednesday we are going for a visit in the morning to daycare from 9:30-11 so that Andrew can get a little used to it while I am still there. Although I don't think I'll have him ride the bus that morning. Unless I can find parking. Have I mentioned that I can have Andrew ride the shuttle bus with me to and from daycare? As a hospital employee, I can't park onsite. I have to park offsite and ride a shuttle bus in. It really isn't bad at all. But I thought that I was going to have to find a spot at the hosital, drop Andrew off, go park offsite, just to ride right back in to work. Then again (only opposite) after work. This would add a good 20 minutes both before and after work. When I only work a 4 hour shift...an extra 40 minutes is a lot. But...thankfully he gets to ride the bus with me which will make things much easier. I will probably have a armfull juggling my stuff, his stuff and him, but we'll be fine. The bus drivers usually even have treats for the kiddos who ride.

Ok, I need to get going. Have a good night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...