Thursday, July 28, 2005

Nobody likes cold wet wipes first thing in the morning.

My test post worked. So now I don't have to be in Blogger to post. This is a good thing.

Ok, ready for an update on the DrewMiester? We got up early-squirrally this morning and poor little man is NOT a morning person. I'm not sure WHERE he gets that. (*yawn*). So he was cranky. But it was hard to determine whether he was cranky because I woke him & changed his diaper and clothes or if we wasn't feeling good. I mean, how would you like a cold wet wipe on your bottom first thing in the morning? Because he hasn't been eating well as DC, I made a quick smoothie of milk, banana, peanut butter and a squirt of chocolate syrup (just because I love him) so he wouldn't totally starve and he could drink it in the car. We made it out the door with shoes in backpack. They were the last thing I was going to worry about.

We got the day care at 7:30. Just in time for breakfast. Pancakes with syrup AND they got to use an adult fork. If we were home, this would have been heaven for my little man. But according to him you would think it was the opposite. Again, he clung to me and cried whenever I tried to let him go. Although, they did give him some milk and you would have thought we just pulled him out of the desert.

Finally, I had to leave and he had to cry and I had to walked sadly to my car. I did call when I got to work, and they said he didn't eat, but he was playing and was fine. He only cried for a few seconds and they were guessing he was done crying by the time I reached the parking lot. Hopefully he will sleep well for them today since he was up early and hopefully he will eat well for them today so he does add hunger to his sore teeth and sleepiness. Marc might try to pick him up a little early today. We'll see. I really want to get him on a routine, so this may actually not be a good thing. I may call later and see how he is doing. I gave them Tylenol to give him if necessary.

His regular teacher shows up at 9:30 which is soon. Hopefully this will help him get through his day a little easier.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...