Sunday, July 31, 2005

The boy likes cake

It's a hot Sunday. The kind where you think it's going to be not so hot, so we turn the air off, but it turns out super hot, but you keep thinking, it's getting later in the day, it will start cooling soon and then we won't need the air, but until then, we're just sticky hot waiting for the few puffs of cool breeze that will come through our open windows.

Yesterday was a nice day. We got up and just hung around the house and napped. I made a boatload of waffles, we watched some Sesame Street and just had a nice day. Then Marc and I got a rare treat. We went out on a date for his birthday. We got a sitter and we went out to dinner with the Dresslers to Rio Grande. It was SO GOOD! Marc gets his dinner free, so we go all out and get a steak and a full rack of ribs! Between the meals, sides, soups and bread...we had enough food to eat a nice lunch of leftovers today. It's kinda a pricy restaurant but when you think we got 4 meals for the price of 1...well...it's our standard birthday restaurant. Anyway, then we (just the two of us) went and saw the new Batman movie. It's the first movie I've seen in a theater in I'm not sure how long. And, it was good, too. I would recommend it.

This means, we didn't get to see our little boy that night, since he as napping when we left and was down for the night when we got home. Of course, I peeked in on my little man who was down for the count but with a different outfit than I left him with. Apperently, the sitter allowed him some birthday cake (which I ok'd) and he created an unbelievable mess. Too bad I missed it.

This morning was church and it was great. Then we came home and like I mentioned earlier had a really good leftover lunch. Once we ate, it was nap time for Andrew and myself and Marc went fishing. I love Sunday naps. Our house is still messy and there are a thousand other things I should have been doing, but c'mon...it's Sunday...it begs for a nap! After we woke up, Andrew and I played outside for a while with some water.






We had blue water and red (pink) water and made purple water and got both Rocky and Andrew soaked. The rest of the night we just hung out, had a gourmet dinner of blue box mac & cheese and hot dogs, and got a tub for Andrew.

We still have to pick up the house, get things ready for tomorrow, put laundry in the dryer and shower (did I mention how stinkin' hot it is today)? Well, have a good night.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...