Friday, July 1, 2005

TGI Fourth of July Weekend!

Today, I found that on Tuesday morning, from 8am-1pm I will be covering the desk ALONE at the MAIN HUGE hospital. AUGH! Not that the work is hard, but it is SUPER busy and

A) I still don't know who people are and what they do which a huge part of the job
B) I don't have my distribution lists set up on Outlook yet for paging which is another huge part of the job
C) we'll be coming off a long weekend, which means it will be even more crazy than usual
D) I'm sure there are 100 little things that could pop up that are not an "everyday" thing, therefore I did not learn them in my few days of training.

Pray for me.


So right now, my son is happily playing with a clean baby food jar and about a gazillion bobby pins he found from last weekend's wedding. Bobby pins in, bobby pins out, bobby pins in, bobby pins out. You get the idea. It's better than a few minutes ago when I first gave him the jar and put three pennies in it and tightened the lid. He would fuss until I took the pennies out. Then sit and work real hard for a while picking up the pennies from the hard wood floor, putting them in and closing the top all by himself....then fuss because he couldn't get them back out. Funny man.

And today is FRIDAY!!! Woo Hoo!! Funny - how when I was a stay at home mom, Fridays were really no different than any other day, but now....yowzers! It's FRIDAY! Now lets just pray that Andrew will sleep in for me as well as he's been sleeping in for the sitter and we'll be all set. Although I have a TRILLION things to do before tomorrow afternoon. And I don't want to do any of it. In fact, instead I made sugar cookies (Grandma O's - Marc's favorite) tonight instead of cleaning or grocery shopping. Why?! Because my desire for something sweet overrode my desire to clean. Go figure. But I am up to 9,685 steps today already at 8pm, (I told you today was busy), so I don't feel too guilty.

So tonight and tomorrow afternoon, we'll just hang out and clean. Tommorrow evening, Marc is heading to 3 Rivers where he will meet my folks. Mom will leave Dad with Marc and they will fish and spend the night in the cabin and mom will come on up to GR. Sometime Sunday, the guys will come up the rest of the way. They will stay until Monday afternoon. Although, we really have no plans while they are here. Just hanging out.

Tonight I had to run all the way out to Allendale after work with Andrew to switch cars with Marc. He and his neighbor are fixing both of our cars. However, when we got home and our normally good dog got into our trash and it was EVERYWHERE!! I had cleaned out the fridge yesterday, so apparently, our "too old to eat" leftovers were "too good to pass up" dog food. But boy, it was a mess!

Anyway, I think I'll veg/play for this last hour before Andrew goes to bed and then kick it in high gear then. I hope you all have a safe and wonderful holiday!!

Happy Independence Day!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...