Friday, July 29, 2005

Jump-out-and-yell-surprise!

Well, many of you know and some do not, but on top of EVERYTHING else that's been going on with work and daycare craziness....I had also been planning a surprise party for Marc.  Well, it was last night and it was a hit.  He was surprised.  Although, not the jump-out-and-yell-surprise, but surprised we had the night planned for him.  We had a good turnout, too.  There were 16 of us there, plus 4 kiddos at Zap Zone, a laser tag/arcade type place.  We got hooked up by a friend of ours and was able to get anyone who wanted to play 2 laser tag games and a bunch of tokens on the house.  I had other people bring snacks, pop and cake, so literally it was a perfect set-up.  He even got some gifts...one of which I will have to post a picture of at a later time.   
 
Other than my little man being pretty fussy and clingy so that I had to have everyone else do the work (maybe that was the plan from the beginning, eh?), it was a really fun night.  He even warmed up to his Aunt Kari long enough for me to sneak in a game of laser tag (it helped that we let him take off his shoes and run around in his bare feet - and just not think of all the ickiness that he could be stepping on or the totally black feet I had to clean off later that night).  Back to laser tag - I totally lost.  I was the worse of the both teams.  However, on my behalf...I had to step out of the game for a minute 'cause my contact popped out AND was told later that the gun I was using was the worse one there (like any of that would have mattered...laser tag guru I am not). 
 
Ok, let's see other than the party, would you like an update on the usual...the kiddo?  He did fine at daycare yesterday and took a really good nap for them, but is still refusing to eat while there.  His teachers even found some of their own crackers to give him so that he would at least have something since he was there all day.  One of them even mentioned that if there is something that I think he might like, that I could bring it for him today. 
 
This poses two problems for me. 
1)  I am paying for his lunches...I don't want to pay for a lunch he is not going to eat, and then pay for the food to send with him. 
2)  I don't want him to get used to the fact that mom will send back-up food if he doesn't eat what daycare offers.  
 
That being said...I sent some peanut butter crackers with him today.  I understand where his teachers are coming from.  They said that not eating the first week isn't uncommon and since he is there ALL DAY just yesterday and today, not eating means a little more than when he is just there the usual 4 hours.  I mean...I don't want my kid to starve.  The kicker is, is that MOST of the food that he's been offered is food he likes.  So who's to say he would even eat the crackers? 
 
On a good note:  I dropped him off this morning and he fussed for like 2 seconds when I left.  By the time I even got the door closed and peeked for a few minutes back in the window (where I couldn't be seen), he was fine.  His teacher was pointing out cars that were driving by out the window.  He had some milk and some Rice Krispy cereal waiting for him...so here's hoping he eats some of it.  
 
We really don't have big weekend plans.  We are going out to dinner on Saturday (Marc's actual birthday) to Rio Grande, a really good steak place where the birthday boy eats for FREE!  Then he want to go see the Batman movie.  I'm not about that one yet.  We have yet to find a sitter and by the time you throw sitter, dinner & movie...well, you do the math. :)
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...