Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I need two one-of-a-kinds.

Well, Andrew seemed to be feeling fine this morning and was his usual silly self this morning.  Maybe even a bit extra silliness to make up for the last day or two.  Although I did still take meds in for him at daycare so they could be used if necessary.   It was a little hesitant about me leaving him today, but eventually went to his teacher just fine.  And I haven't received any calls with an hour to go, so I am guessing all is well. 
 
Although I learned a lesson yesterday.   I forgot his "B" (his blanket) at daycare last night.  Normally, as soon as I pick him up, he starts repeating "B?, B?, B?" over and over and is a great little reminder for me to grab it since often it ends up in his sleep bucket with his sheet and not in his take home bucket.  Well, it was in his sleep bucket yesterday and Andrew was on the playground when I got him, so needless to say I forgot it.  I've forgotten a few times before, but those were early days of daycare and well, he knows and understands so much more now, that he won't just let it go like it did the first time or two.  So, I go to put him down for a nap and all I hear is a whimpering, "B? B? B? B?"  over and over.  Needless to say, he didn't nap.  We left for Spanish and wished the sitter the best.  Well, after Spanish (which is held at my work), as we are getting into the car, Marc gets the GREAT idea of seeing if we can get into the daycare to recover the "B".  It was after hours and closed, but I did have my keycard with me after all.   And lo and behold, I could and his classroom wasn't locked.  We had a VERY excited little boy on our hands when we walked back through our door holding his "B".   And we got a decent night sleep after all.  Now, I just need to figure out where to get that exact same material to make another one, then wash it about 100 times, to give it the ratty look and the super soft feel.  Any ideas?
 
Well, tonight we are having leftover roast and biscuits which I am already looking forward too.  Then the rest of the day is pretty much cleaning the house, but taking a small break to watch, "So you think you can dance".

1 comment:

Jill Corwin said...

It seems to me that the kids ALWAYS know the difference. With Cole I had to cut his in half and sew up the side of each, then we had two. He was okay with that, but I am not sure about Andrew.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...