Tuesday, September 20, 2005

It's not even October, but I think I need some Apple Pie

It Tuesday and it's been a good one so far. Little man and I did a lot of playing this morning and it was just fun. He is so silly and I find myself truly just laughing with him. We read for a while, then squirted each other with the spray bottle. We talked on the phone for a bit and went for a walk and played with a ball and just had fun. Plus Marc called this morning and had a nice sale, so he was pretty pumped too.

Last night was a nice night. We got home and made homemade pizza (which was great by the way) and cleaned a bit. Then Marc had some friends over in the evening to play some basketball and watch Monday Night Football. So after getting Andrew in the tub and to bed, I worked on a project, cleaned up a bit since we are having a babysitter tonight and went to bed myself and read (Armageddon). I only had to go down to "sshh" the boys once.

And get this. Oh, to be in daycare again. This week they are learning about apples which Andrew already knows and can identify and say pretty clearly since he is the smartest kid ever. Anyway, yesterday they made an apple pie in class. Oh my goodness....his classroom smelled like heaven when I walked in there. And they said that he loved turning the crank on the apple peeler-slicer-corer contraption. It definitely made me want apple pie. Y'hear that mom...when you come up in Oct, I may have a "project" for you.

Well, tonight we have our first Spanish class. The thing is, is that I am covering for my co-worker so I don't get done until 4:30. The class starts at 5:30 right here in the office next to me, however, I have to pick Andrew up, get him home, meet the sitter and explain the works to her, grab dinner (I packed up some lunchmeat sandwiches this morning), and race back here to meet Marc in time for class. But the class should be interesting and except for the cost of the sitter, it is free for the both of us. The perks of working for a hospital.

Oh, and another perk of working at a hospital. The benefits. I had heard and confirmed today for sure that my ENTIRE COST of pregnancy and birth...ENTIRE COST will be $60. That done be it. AND AND AND, my son will have having minor outpatient surgery next month (he is fine I promise) and after making a couple calls back and forth today between insurance and doctors office and back again....the surgery is C.O.M.P.L.E.T.E.L.Y. covered. Can I get a what-what!!

Ok, I should probably get back to work...oh wait, I have no work. When I cover the phones..and the phones don't ring, I just sit and they are quiet today. (Might be a long last hour).

Tenga una gran tarde

1 comment:

Jen & Gary said...

aren't benefits great??? love 'em!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...